Tuesday, December 23, 2014

71, Scion, 1327



[blot]

I hardly know what to put here.

[a few more spots] We got it. We found the stone. As much as I am pleased, I also know I will likely find myself in more trouble, but [spot] I really don't care. I may find myself later evicted and cast out, but I still do not care. [blot] I feel what was done was right. And I will fight for my Choices.

As I will fight for their Choices unlost.


[blot]

I said before that I don't know what I will be left with if I leave. I suppose I don't know what I will be left with if I am cast out either. Likely the same things I had before I came. [a few more spots]

They are kind, and they are a family, and they are comfortable giving their lives for each other to hold. I am not. Though I have joined them, I [spot] do not fit. I still barely know them, and they barely know me. How can I be part of that? I doubt I fit. And I doubt I will be further welcome once this is done.

But that it is done is what is important.

They will keep to them what matters.

If a price must be paid, I am sure they'd prefer it be the one Unknown than their family.

[blot]

Now for thoughts and theories.

I wish to see if I can't disrupt, or attract the tether to something else of my likeness. I can create a foci, a link in crystal containment, to the In-Between; a place which has tempting amount of power, yet quite difficultly reached and converted. [blot] Of course, that may result in warping. The In-Between tends to try and... take what it claims. [spot]

Perhaps that isn't so wise.

Perhaps though, it may be better to find a source of power on Tyria? I would consider a portal to the Underworld, but what a mess that would be, a stone tethering to the souls there. If that isn't a disruption in the Rules and Balance, I am not sure what would be. So that should not... necessarily occur.

I should think, though, of ways other than redirection involving myself. [blot]

How to actually stop this. The stone itself draws energy, I wonder if there is a way to Bend the energy it draws in the process of its drawing that makes it unappealing enough to release. Something like 'tainting the supply'. We know that it repels Null Magic attempts. . . I wonder if it would be possible to, reverse the magic drained to the stone into something with nullifying magical properties before it reaches the Stone. If that may sever the connection? It is something I can replicate, certainly, but not for an extended amount of time, and not in all fronts. I am curious if Phooka could create such a device.. he spoke some in writing of reversing poles and negative fields. Might he be able to create a field around the stone which changes the energy that passes through it to something nullifying? If such a thing works, it may sever all ties at once.

Or, perhaps, it may be easier to create a device which might change the output of energy on a single person. [spot] This seems like it may be less dangerous; while it would render them magically inept while the device is worn, it would not, theoretically, alter the energy they output themselves, merely shift it before it escapes beyond themselves. In that case, I would not be adversely affected. So long as the Chaos flows through me, I am fine. If it were for a few moments that it flows through me, and escapes my body as Chaos, but something changes its general composure beyond there, it will not affect my ability to survive directly. [spot]

I'd like Lafey to look at the stone and see if it is stealing lifeforce, and from there, we can determine more ways to procede. Clearly it is connected to the soul, but it seems to drain life from humans. I wonder if it simply picks up on 'vital energy' and takes it, as the Chaos is.. [spot] close to such a thing for me.

Sphae could inspect it for ways it seems to react to the elements and forces of Tyria. It seems to have some.. [blot] well. I don't know, it, at times, looked to have a small flame in it. I wonder if it actually does? Might she be able to pick up on the sort of energy it holds? If it is really a stone at all, anything related to earth, or if it is some other sort of formation. She may be able to tell, and if it isn't of Tyria's natural forces, then perhaps it is a construction, and not what we've been led to think it is at all.

I would like to see if I can actually pick up on the Chaos it has taken in, if it is storing it, or converting it, or sending it elsewhere. It would take a particular bit of 'marked' Chaos to be taken, like a beacon in the energy tethered to the stone, and then watched through the Inbetween as to what happens to the energy the stone draws in, but it is possible. If we know where the energy goes, and what happens to it, that could give us further leads on preventing it altogether. I could only hope for my stability during such a process.

There is much more that can be done, but these sorts of things give us a place to start. I am not sure when that map will be found, but certainly for as long as it is searched for, experiments can be run on solutions.

No comments:

Post a Comment