Wednesday, July 9, 2014

91 Phoenix, 1327


Last sun was interesting, and soon, it seems, there will be more to look toward.

I had gone to the Motley to see if I could find one of the crystals I had dropped [blot] I really don't know how I managed to drop one, perhaps it was Vathen's fault, but I was missing one of them, and thought it best that I retrieve it, because Winds know what might happen if I didn't. As I got there, I was surprised to find that there were quite a number of tiny Charr there! They were quite interesting, though none seemed to notice me, which I suppose was just as well. I wonder if they are also tiny tumors with legs like tiny humans seem to be. [blot] They were certainly kept busy by all else occurring, and content to climb on others.

Donari noticed me and offered me a seat, some drink, and food. He seemed lively enough, and since I wasn't entirely sure where to find such things myself, I took him up (as they say) on his offer. It [blot]seemed my injury was still decently obvious. Though none noticed my side, they did see my arms, and asked about them. [blot] Well, I am getting ahead of myself, as one of those who asked was the one Selda, who I had mentioned before here. She was, in fact, not Nik nor Donari, and had red hair and a large dog, like she was described~ Apparently she too has nature magic, and [blot]

I am again, getting ahead of myself. Calvin was there. [a few spots] It is poor of me, but I do not remember all that much of what he was saying. He had a peculiar sort of accent, almost like when a human speaks quickly, but he wasn't speaking all that quickly, and [blot] recalling the words in my mind of what he was saying is a bit more difficult. He explained something to me... [blot] thorns. Perhaps I will recall later.

Regardless, he was there as well, as was [spot] I don't remember her name. The mother charr. Brambles, I am not doing too well with recollection, am I~? If I hear it, it will come to me. I suppose I wasn't really prepared to pay strict attention to anything but searching for my crystal, so I was a bit scattered.

Donari had found it by the way! The crystal, I mean, so I do have it back. It is lucky that I came for it, I suppose, because thorns know what Donari would have done with such a thing. Luckily it wasn't activated, but [blot] not that it would be a danger. I don't think. I am really not certain about the manner of casual experimentation that the Jesters tend to. If they find something they don't know, will they prod at it? Will they attempt to make it do something? Will they simply toss it at the face or back of another? Hide it in another's drinks to see what happens? I really do not know, so it is safer, perhaps, that I did come back for it.

[blot] Donari did provide me with the things he said he would. Apparently he knows what that drink with a bit of flame is called. I thanked him, though he didn't stay much longer.

A little jump in time over- Oh! I remember now, we were speaking of human babies. Calvin had told me that the tumorous things sometimes ... crawl and roll around, sort of. [blot] They really are not helping their case. A tumor with legs, sort of dragging itself around on the ground screaming, that bursts from another human's body (nearly killing them) sounds mortifying. He seemed to think otherwise. Humans.

When some of the others had gone off, or were soon about to, Selda asked me of my injury. And if she might be able to help heal it. [blot] Apparently she too has some nature magic, and [spot] mentioned to me something about her teacher who had lost his own magic. Which is terribly awful and distressing! Though I couldn't help but wonder how by the Chaos, that was possible. [blot] It apparently had to do with the gods. 

That surprised me. I had never known the gods to have taken magic before, something about switching respects between Melandru and Grenth. [blot] I am glad that I have not followed such gods, so they might take my magic for some reason. I don't think I would [blot] be able to come out of that.

Though, she did have nature magic, and [blot] I allowed her to try to heal me further. [spot]

It didn't really work. She was able to re-grow what had been damaged fine, yet she was not a mender, and [spot] I don't think she knew how to control it in presence of the Chaos. Which, of course, continued to interfere as it does. [blot] I've a bit of deformity on my arms now, though.. it did not hurt this time, and was probably less than how odd it would be if I attempted to heal myself. I've a few more stray tendrils, though I don't [blot] think they will take the path of my larger ones.

Selda seemed interested with the Chaos, though I didn't say that much. She.. [blot] could see many things clearly. She asked right away, if the tendrils were because of the Chaos, and was interested how it worked. I.. was only vague, as I hardly knew her, and I wasn't sure if I wanted to speak of all those things until that changes, but [blot] well, I did a little. Her dog seemed interested in them as well.

It wasn't long after that I returned back to the mansion. And then later, I saw Androsace doing.. something strange with the rose bush. I think, perhaps, she was attempting to coax it into growth? It worked. But I am keeping it a Secret, as that is what she wished~ I wonder what she is going to do with her coaxing. . . [blot]

Soon, I believe, we will be setting out as it was posted. I've heard no word on if I can go or not, so I have prepared for the journey. Now, I simply must leave something stating where I am off to, and be on my way~ This is so terribly exciting, I do hope they allow me to remain~

No comments:

Post a Comment