Thursday, July 24, 2014

Notes: Meeting with Her

Those Present
* Xsaiavlairnn
* Donari Mal Di Bette of The Sun
* Abrecan
* Sphae
* Her

Prior to the Trip
* I had asked if I might join the pair.
- Abrecan went to discuss it with Donari.
- I waited, and meanwhile, prepared several foci for immediate portal transportation if necessary.
- Considering how dangerous She sounded, I thought it would be wise to have an escape plan.
* Portal
- Type: Foci central
- Duration: Single use
- Restrictions: Only those holding the prepared foci would be able to safely traverse; none without a designated foci would be able to cross without being taken by the In-Between. The portal would only remain open for a short duration.
- Range: Far
- Location Chosen: Svanir's Dome in the Wayfarer Foothills.

About Her
* Wields powers of the mind and lightning
* Fast and nimble
- moreso than Donari
* Loves
- fear
- pain
- deceit
* Protection necessary
* Able to Possess
* Mind attacks were painful
* If something goes wrong, escape.
* Donari thought she was imprisoned
- Seems not.

Searching
* I looked into the In-Between, and with some guidance, was able to find Her presence.
- I only looked in short bursts to reduce the chance of prolonged blindness in this reality, and other 'taken' parts of myself.
- We eventually narrowed the search to Lion's Arch.
[blot] This blind wandering was not without running into several objects and a cliffside, though the collisions were not severe. Perhaps I should have told them I would be blinded while looking for her. [blot] Next time.
* She was inside a cave
- The cave was unremarkable and small.
- Looked more like a place for Silence.
- At least from what could be seen.

Meeting with Her


* Appearance
- Dark skin
- Light hair
- Places of blue, that almost looked like energy
- She almost had the appearance of a Largos
- Wings of energy
- Quite tall
* She did not seem very interested in us.
- However, She did hold our conversation.

Conversation
* She seemed fairly confident in her standing.
- Donari attempted some vague threat, it sounded like, of '(The pleasantness of this conversation) depends on you. For I'm sure you'd find it pleasant to remain out in the world.'
- She felt she was assured in that freedom, regardless of Donari's projection.
* Abrecan and I were introduced by Donari
- I was a 'mighty scholar'.
- Abrecan was a 'brave warrior'.
- Donari also added 'A microcosm of that which took you down before. Yet, as I said, we are here to converse.'
- Note: Donari seems to be attempting to lay subtle threat all about. Does this actually work? Does She care for hollow pride? If it were I, I would be amused by the assertion of this 'solid' knowledge, of such confidence over another's capabilities, and would be tempted to show them how much they Do Not Know. [blot] But it was said that she loves fear, perhaps She respects those who attempt to instill it. Or simply had no interest in such games; it is quite obvious that, given her presence in the In-Between, that She is incredibly powerful. Interesting.
* She spoke of Abaddon.
- "Really, Donari. If I was not expecting you, you wouldn't have gotten to my cave. Such are the ways of Abaddon."
- Note: I cannot help but wonder if she, too, sees into the In-Between. [blot] I would be incredibly curious if so. It is nothing common, and certainly nothing meant to be the case; all I've known to use it often save myself have been mad. Though, I suppose, perhaps I am as well to others. And certainly I can't claim by any means that I know of all who can. [a few spots] I am still curious.
* Donari asked for the page with the runes on it.
- I gave it to him.
- He took it to Her.
- She looked it over.

* She
- "Where did you find this?"
- She looked concerned.

* Donari
- "In a place far from here. Yet the inscriptions seemed of your sort, so here we are."

* She
- Laughed.
- "You come to me? For information! On such an old thing..."

* Donari
- "One antiquity might explain another."

* She
- Laughed again, seeming more amused.
- "Well, I suppose you are... well in seeking me out. I have your answers."
- Caused the page to float.


Information Obtained
* "What you have on your notes, is the ancient diagram of the old magics..."
* Center
- Archstone.
- The one bloodstone cast out from the volcano it came from.
- Binds the bloodstones.
- This is the Triangle within the Starburst Circle.
* "My god, Abaddon, gave the world magic when the bloodstone was whole. A chaotic thing. We knew all of the schools..."

* [a diagram of a sigil]
- Aggression

* [ another sigil ]
- Destruction

* [ a third sigil ]
- Preservation

* [ yet one more sigil ]
- Denial

* "Abaddon gave us magic in its entirety. It is why humans conquered much of the known world. But, ancient King Doric pleaded with the rest of the human gods to stop the chaos... and so, the war with Abaddon ensued, and thus, the gods split the stone into 5 parts, casting them into the Ring of Fire."

* Volcano
- Abaddon's Mouth
- Erupted
- Threw the stones across Tyria
- Thus born the magic schools known today
* All our magic tied to the 'original paths'
* Stones
- apparently broken
- still work
* She wants to know where we found this diagram.

* Donari
-" I'd need a very strong reason to tell you more than 'we saw them written.' You've handled matters poorly in the past."
- Note: Odd way with words. I'd have thought it could have been called a Secret, and perhaps She may respect it, being of Abaddon.

* She
-" Your people have not drawn these accurately for nearly a hundred years. I have never seen these sigils drawn so well, since the days the chosen were sacraficed to the White Mantle's cult. So there are only a few explanations."
- Donari mentioned the Mantle.
- She: "You think the White Mantle of today know the intricacies as they did 250 years ago? HAH. The White Mantle are nothing but riff raff compared to the White Mantle... when they had the Mursaat on their side."
- Note: May the 'soulbattery' that the Knights had.. speculated we'd found had connection to this? I remember researching such matters, that the Mursaat were involved in creating such a powerful artifact. And that artifact [blot] went to the Priory. Phooka was going to study it further. Are these somehow connected, I wonder? It was said to be very old magic, possibly. . . [blot]

* She
-" You have seen a blood stone. That much is certain. You must tell me all, or I cannot tell you all."
- She noted me.
- "You. The magic... yes. It's seeping off of you. You... have.. one of these stones... or something like it... Yes.. I sense... Denial. What did the stone look like? Tell me so."
- Both indicated I say nothing.
- I never intended to, it is a Secret~

* I spoke
-" Denial of reality? Of what is? Of the Rules? I have seen quite a bit of that, but not from a stone~ You mentioned it being unlikely to encounter a competant White Mantle, hm?"

* She
- "Denial comes in many forms. Denial of magic. Denial of casting. Denial of physical harm. ... Denial. Mesmers are good at it, if I'm not mistaken. Denial is in much of my magic as well. Some of it. For example..."
- She created a field of stones.
- "This denies me from harm."

* Donari and Abrecan
- both reacted hastily to the rock field, as though she may attack us.
- She did say that we would see no harm, though I suppose that could always be a deception. It simply looked a shield to me.

* I spoke
- "Indeed~ I don't doubt I am connected to it in a number of ways as well, from what has been spoken..~"

* She
- "Yes. You have the stone of denial. Lies do not hide your secrets. Really... God of secrets? You shouldn't be so tight lipped."
- Note: I didn't think I had spoken any lies; does this mean that she sees others Secrets? I felt nothing tempt my mind, nor even try to get in. My defenses were untouched. Perhaps she got it from the others.

* Donari
- "The other stones remain in the world, then."

* She
- "What you have in your possession is a very curious thing. The Flame Seeker Prophecies. Yes..."

* Donari
- "Prophecy is ever an uncertain undertaking."

* She
- "Do you know know your own history?"
- Speaks the following information

* 250 years ago
- Ascalon was sundered
- Abaddon imprisoned in the realm of Torment
- White Mantle appeared.
- Lead by Saul'd Olessio, a Krytan
- Mursaat lead him.
- Brought Kryta under their rule.

* Mursaat
- scared of many things
- particularly a prophecy told by the dragon, Glint
- their race would be wiped out by the Chosen
- who would open the gate to the Realm of Torment
- thus releasing the Titans
- decided to change fate
- gathered those with potential to become Chosen
- took these magical individuals and slaughtered them on the bloodstone of Denial.

* Titans
- a creation
- would burn Tyria to cinders

* Mursaat
- Used the slaughtered Chosen souls to keep the gate into the realm of Torment from breaking.
- Note: This [blot] if accurate, may have been what the thing we found was. Or may be what a 'soul battery' is. One of those. Perhaps I should tell Phooka of these things.
- Feared death beyond all else.

* Despite this
- Chosen did escape.
- They are likely the humans' ancestors.

* Bloodstones
- Especially Denial
- played a large part in the Mursaat / Human war.
- react strangely to humans
- particularly humans of Chosen blood, no matter how faint.
- It denies them magic. Denies them healing. They find themselves at a loss of talents.

* Donari
- asked if it would deny them licking it.
- She supposes it would.
- Note: I wonder if it would, in fact, deny their tongue from existence.

* Glint's Prophesy
- was fulfilled
- Mursaat dead
- Titans destroyed
- Gate to Torment closed.

* Stone
- meant to be in Maguuma Wilds
- Bloodstone Fen
- She says it is very dangerous
- mentioned the Flame Seeker Prophesies starting again.

* We left not long after.
- She left first.

* Donari noted
- "Be glad she does not hold your names."

* Note
- She was interesting, though I am uncertain if she would hold any company willingly who may be curious of her god. She was also quite powerful, and from what I have heard, apparently not very friendly at times. I am uncertain how wise it would be to seek her out for questions, though [blot] perhaps.. sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment