Friday, July 25, 2014

Notes: Abrecan's Plight

* Prior
- He sent me a note indicating some urgency.
- "X, Please seek me out whenever you are available, I have urgent matters to discuss with you that require immediate attention."
- I managed to find him on the Motley.

* Once Found
- Abrecan wanted to know my throughts on the 'encounter' with Her.
- I did not say much.
- Note: It seems all of them have some very vehemant distate in Her presence, so I imagine anything short of shared distaste would be problematic. I didn't lie, however. I said it was interesting. I was curious, though, if she had done something to either him or Donari during that time that I was unaware of.
- He asked if I had heard of his predicament.
- I had not. So he told me.

The Predicament
* Thinks that I am the one who may be able to help him.
- I don't know how good a thought this is.
- But I'll try anyway.
- If I don't have to lose any limbs, lose my Choices, deal with minds, or have anything to do with the Dream. Among other things.

* Has "A severe allergic reaction to magic"
- [blot]
- Note: I have no idea if this is even possible. Well it may be possible, but extremely improbable. I wonder if he knows what he's talking about. I wonder if I know what I'm talking about.
- Note: This is also terrifying. If it is possible, which I really hope it isn't, what would happen if magic is attached to you, like it is for almost everyone, and this happens? Would you just.. just destroy yourself by existing? I mean, obviously not, if Abrecan is still existing. I've met those unproficient in magic before, but not completely lacking it.[blot] Nevermind that magic is in everything all over the place, like air and water and earth. The elements themselves. Life itself. The things we can't see, and the forces we only see the effects of. I don't know, but this is troubling to think about. It sounds terrible.

* How he deals with it
- "I have a pill, than an asuran friend of mine makes, that allows my body to tolerate it. It might have been developed in Orr, as it wasn't always as such. But I figured if anybody knows about this, it could very well be you, as you seem to be extremely adept at all of your magical studies and... tentacles."
- Note: I don't know what tentacles have to do with anything. But apparently they are a convincing factor towards my knowledge. Interesting. Perhape he can tell how much energy is in them?
- I am unsure if the pill developed in Orr
- I am curious about the asuran friend.

* Abrecan's Goal
- To be rid of the 'disease'
- Wondered if the Stone could help him.
- Note: It is possible. If what She said was true, then the properties of Denial could potentially deny the 'disease' from him. Though how to utilize those properties would be the question, and if that is even a potential solution is too.
- Abrecan didn't pay much attention to the Queen
- Thus, I explained my thoughts on why it were possible.
* Notes that he will 'pitch in however he can'
- that he MUST be cured.

* What I am waiting for
- He should write up for me everything he can about this affliction.
- What he takes for it
- how much
- how long between
- what it feels like
- if it reacts more strongly to some magics than others
- everything he can think of
- I noted I have never heard of such a thing
- Information may clarify if it is even an illness at all.

* He doesn't seem to know if it is either.
* Clarifies that he obtained the affliction in Orr
- said it may have been "all the magic in the air or something"
- "Maybe my body just went on overload, and just had way too much of it."
- Note: That is unlikely.

* Abrecan on the Pills
- doesn't know what's in it
- didn't ask
- did as he was told, and it's been working.

* Mentioned Jatszinonos
- Abrecan hasn't seen him in months
- kept getting the pills.
- Note: Assumeing that this may be the asuran supplier? Creator?
- Didn't question him, trusted him a lot
- Abrecan was in the Vigil at the time
- Note: Might Jatszinonos also be in the Vigil? Perhaps that would be a way to track him down.

* Pills Taken
- He takes one a day, in the morning after waking.
- Typically packs of 30.
* I took the container
- The Chaos was 'pulled' by it a little.
- And when I paid attention, it was also pulled a little by Abrecan.
- Theory: The pills absorb magical energy. Taking them allow for Abrecan to be, perhaps, unaffected by the energy around him, as they absorb it all within his body and small radius perhaps? That still seems [blot] strange, considering how it is all about, and in those like myself... it cannot possibly absorb all my magic. However, I do feel that is what it's doing to the Chaos. Perhaps it converts the energy into something else? Considering asura, perhaps whoever had created these is somehow using them to utilize the energy while helping Abrecan at the same time. [blot]
- Theory: If it is converting energy, perhaps it is taking magic and converting it to Life Force of sorts. For which, I will likely need a necromancer present to determine if it is so.

* Abrecan
- Doesn't seem to realize he likely has magic within him as well.
- Also is not adverse to necromancers as Rahvin is.
* Effects of magic on Abrecan
- Sick stomach
- Clammy
- Takes a long while to recover.

* Theory on problem
- It may be a curse. I am not entirely sure what sort or how, but in Orr, it seems it would be possible. From my knowledge of the wars there, magical energy transference played an important role in the research, as well as potentially corrupting magic to be taken in by Zhaitan. It is [blot] conceivable that such a thing happened to Abrecan there, by coming in contact with artifacts or [blot] something they were testing. It's also possible that it may have been from some of the more powerful, casting Risen. [a few spots] My.. knowledge of Orr is not the greatest, so this will require research.
- I don't think that this is naturally occurring. It seems like something to be placed on someone to do a great deal of harm, or something that may have happened by accident.

* If Accidental Theory is followed
- Ask Abrecan if he was the only one that experienced this, or if others he was out in Orr with had similar problems. Some of the most useful data may be knowing if anyone else has encountered this problem, and bringing threads of information together.
- If he is the only one, it may be that he was off somewhere alone, which would explain it.
- Or if he was the only one, he may have been targeted by someone, or encountered something himself.

Currently
* Abrecan suggested an experiment
- He will go without medication for as long as is safe and tolerable
- Will record the effects without the pills
- Thus I can see / read of the problems he is facing, to get a better idea of what it is.
- Note: I am no doctor, especially not of other races, but I think this may be useful to know so long as he is willing.
* Is willing to have another look at his issue as well.
- Note: I will ask Lafey about this. Since she is working with a doctor, and I believe that a necromancer would be a grand addition, not only in matters of Life Force, but also in curses.. We could certainly use her help. I will give her the information he writes for me, as well as will perhaps bring her to see the results of these tests.

No comments:

Post a Comment