Tuesday, July 1, 2014

89 Phoenix, 1327

It has been a long while since I wrote, but a lot had happened over several suns. [blot]

I think I may re-ward this book some. I do have the time. An attempt has always been made to make sure that the wards would last a while, as they draw from both myself, the Chaos, and the In-Between as sources to fuel them. ... Still, they could do with some re-working.

[blot] 

That has nothing at all to do with what I wish to remember here. [blot] And there is a lot that needs remembering.

Lafey called for me several suns ago to help her with something.
 I believe, considering what I learned later, that it is Secret to some extent, so I am treating it as such. She said she couldn't really ask anyone else, and I was glad to help her with the task. She wished to retrieve a book from... this rather horrible person. He had a lot of skulls. Now I have a lot of skulls. [blot] But that is a bit out of order. [a few blots]

Actually, this is terribly out of order, but when Lafey asked, she mentioned to bring something to cover my face with. I dug through my bags, and the places I have thrown things that.. aren't my bags, and I managed to find something. This.. strange cowl of sorts. When I saw it, I felt odd; like it was familiar, but it was near painful to think of it, to consider all those strange gleams of something that I can't quite hold, anymore than one can hold a cloud. They were almost like loud whispers in my ear with no one there to speak, it was unsettling. Yet I found nothing else besides it to cover my face with, so.. I took it up to see if it would fit. It did. The moment I started putting it on, it was effortless, practiced, I.. had known this thing before. But not now. I can't remember where it came from, why it was buried, and I dared not tug at all the flashes it brought to my mind.

I left it alone, and went to meet Lafey.

As it was, the thing was meant more to cover my eyes, though I had nothing like that. Thinking back, I'm still not entirely sure why, other than.. well, I don't know. We spoke about the plan on the way there. Basically, there wasn't one, other than we were going to search around this swamp and.. human's. . .. hut-body place in stealth, and hopefully she would be able to find the book. I suppose it was a bit of a crypt. A hut crypt. [blot] I realize I am somewhat curious about a number of things, though I didn't ask too many questions. Lafey said the man was nasty, and that he had a book she wanted. So we were going to take it. That was fine enough with me. I was more curious how she located the book here, and what it was for, though I learned it was for her odd game, so I doubted she would tell me all that much more anyway.

We didn't have all that much luck. Some, but not much. Lafey started off by falling and screaming into the swamp when we were already under stealth. Luckily, we were not too near the man just yet, and he didn't notice... us.. exactly. I'm pretty sure he heard that, but we were still unseen. I was worried about the water, though I managed to diffract the light well enough when crossing it, so it turned out alright. We snuck around and searched a while. He had many skulls. It was a bit difficult to pay attention to him and concentrate on keeping unseen at the same time, but it.. still.. worked alright.

Eventually we went to the crypt and found the man was keeping a number of bodies all over in the walls.They were interesting bodies, though.. I was more concerned with Lafey climbing up the side searching.She did manage to find her book! .. Though then it seems Chaos had other plans, and the part of the wall she was standing on crumbled, and she fell into a casket. I.. was terribly worried, and the Chaos started distorting things, which.. also was not that grand for hiding.

The man found us. ... And he really didn't like sylvari. I will have to note, I suppose, to be careful since.. what happened in Lion's Arch. Later Sphae said I should remember this, but [blot] I am getting far ahead of myself. The man was rather terrible. He began to attack us, when.. I just completely panicked, grabbed Lafey (who still had the book) and teleported out of the crypt behind the man, fully intending to just run straight out of there. 

That didn't quite work either. A bunch of strange portals began opening around us, the man calling fleshreavers to come after us. There were a number of them, and one caught Lafey in the back, and as I tried to reach her, a few slashed me in the side and across my arms pretty badly. Still, we managed to deal with them, and knock the man himself out. It was.. something. But Lafey got what she wanted, which was grand~ And it was certainly an adventure like she said too..~

Since the man was so horrible, I took most of his skulls. I'll probably take better care of them anyway. And Lafey took the book. I was wondering if we should take some of those bodies too, or any other books, but we were hurt, and.. needed to get out of there. So we made our way up the muddy walls back to the road.

Once there we spoke some of how we were to take care of ourselves. [blot] [there is a big block of inked out words here, as though a whole paragraph was omitted ]
I wasn't thinking clearly. But I was intending to find a way back to the mansion after we spoke. Lafey did not want me.. getting into trouble without someone to help me. I [blot] It is hard to feel that I have anywhere to go anymore. Even though Ren offered, and I would really like to believe it -[streak spot] But I was going to go there anyway.

Lafey thanked me then, and I.. was just very glad that I could help her, and she got what she wished. I knelt for her, which.. we both found amusing, because then I was about as tall as she was~ And we exchanged a kiss~ That was quite pleasing..~

From there, she went back to find that 'aggravatingly troublesome, yet interesting' doctor to help her, I imagine, and I was going to head to the mansion.




Which would have been well enough if I had gotten there. However, my terrible sense of direction had other plans, and so, I managed not to find any waypoints for quite a while, while I wandered with it slowly growing more difficult to stay upright. I really don't know how far I'd gotten before Sphae happened to find me. It was lucky that she did too, I was.. not doing too well. I admit, that I likely made a mistake of thinking that I could get as far as I was hoping to; I knew if I headed towards the Quay, or the Fief, somewhere, as I knew that way, I would find a waypoint eventually.

But I am glad Sphae found me first. I told her about the man and the demons, though I said nothing about Lafey. I figure she would have wanted it to be Secret. Sphae helped me to the closest waypoint then, and took me somewhere.. rather intriguing that I had forgotten about. A place in Skrittsburg I think. There was a grand waterfall there, several really, and we were up notably high. [blot] This is terrible, but I do not recall much of what was happening.

I know she offered me her hand, and I didn't take it. I think now that I.. probably should have. I considered it. But at least I did not fall over the edge of the walkway we were on. She did bring me to a grand place though, where she helped me how she could. Her.. mending was incredibly strange though, now that I think of it. She took leaves from her body and used them as bandages for me, and when my blood was not enough to keep them there, I.. think she may have used her own. Perhaps I am mistaken though, I was rather.. out of it. But she didn't seem to.. mind it much, and I was grateful for any help at all. I ended up needing it much more than I thought.

I think I misunderstood many of the things she was saying. I actually hardly remember [blot] a lot of it. I was tired. I remember how nice the water sounded, and.. even felt, though it stung a little when she was cleaning everything. I remember sharp pricks now and then. I remember the sound of her voice saying things... I know I replied as well, but. Half the time I'm unsure if I was really there. I know we spoke about others fearing us, and what they do not understand; to expect people to react strongly against us more often. And her telling me not to deal with unpleasant men with demons again soon..~ I also thanked her, both when I shouldn't, and when I could..~ But much else was lost.

We both stayed the night there, I drifted away to rest then, and I believe she stayed with me.



Next sun she was there, and we rose to help try and find me a mender. Sphae was up before me of course, and after having something to eat, we headed off for Caledon. The initial plan was to go to the Weeping Isle in hopes of finding a Soundless mender before [blot] needing to go to the Grove. I felt just a bit better with rest, though [a few spots] as unappealing as the Grove was, I knew I probably needed a real mender, one way or another.

[blot] I looked absolutely ridiculous. Completely and entirely ridiculous. Sphae's leaves were all over me, and if somehow I should forget, or she should change color, her leaves were between a bright starry peach, or a pearlescent orange, while others were a deep, verdant green. ... I am, of course, a color of darkness, with streaks of twisting crimson and gold, so her.. bandaging on me looked completely out of place. Like I was some practice, necromantic creation, with the center and arms of a different creature just stuck on~ I suppose there is no other way to go to the Grove though, unless one is entirely ridiculous..~

Luckily though, that did not happen. Suinidios found us on the way there, and chose to help me. I was.. incredibly grateful for this. He looked much different than I recall, he had clearly grown and been rid of many parts of himself for different occasion. He was also the same Suinidios I thought he might be. I had never said anything to Sphae about possibly knowing him, because I wanted to be sure first. I mean, it is a bit troublesome to claim to know someone when you do not, and even then, it is not as though I know him that well. [blot]

He actually mentioned something strange to me though. He said something about.. remembering the tendrils being troublesome. [blot] Which is odd. Because I do not think the tendrils did anything when last we met. Certainly not in terms of getting in the way of healing. I am jumping ahead in my thoughts, but, I wish to remember this, because it continued to stick with me and [spot] I... can't.. help but wonder, if...Was he.. there? Had he heard of what happened..? There were many menders who were present, and I know I probably do not remember them all, but. . . [blot] There aren't too many other times that I don't distinctly recall. [a few spots]

Though, of course, I wouldn't doubt he is a Dreamer. Perhaps that is why they are familiar. Hrm. And I've not the best memory. Perhaps I.. will ask him sometime.

Regardless, he did help me quite a bit. I.. remembered how difficult it was for menders to heal me, so I tried to keep the Chaos down as much as I could when this was happening. I.. still think it may have been a problem though. It always has been a problem, since.. then. But even still, I could tell Suinidios' skills were excellent; his mending and water magic were quite soothing, even if the Chaos wanted to disagree.

I could tell Sphae was happy to see her brother, though he left rather quickly, and I think she was rather displeased about it. She acted somewhat strangely to me afterwards, I [blot] felt a bit bad for her; I know how it is to miss someone, to worry for them, and for them to hardly have a chance to stop and affirm they are well. I felt I took up most of his time around us, and perhaps she was displeased with that. [spot] I wanted to ask, because I knew she was upset once Suinidios had abruptly left afterwards, but I didn't think she would care for such questions.

So I asked something entirely different, and learned something interesting. Sphae, apparently, has forgotten what she likes. Which is surprising! How could one go so long without knowing what they like? Is that not what one lives for, to experience, to learn, but also to find what is enjoyable along the way? I suppose each is different, but it seems.. what a terrible thing to forget! Really though, it is not at all beyond changing..~ Sphae said that she was searching for these things, and I said I would be glad to help her find them. I know what it is to forget, and I know that many of us forget some of the most grand things about ourselves, we only need some reminding now and then..~ Friends, I think, are the best ones to remind us.

I am close to being well enough to move about more now, though then I certainly wasn't, but.. before long, I will go with her to see if we might be able to find these things she's forgotten, or things she, perhaps, has never ven found before that she enjoys~ That way, I would be able to take her to do something she cares for sometime, to make up just a little bit for how.. dreadfully troublesome I am. [blot]

As it was, she was going to see Suinidios in the Grove a few days from then. I hope they have already met~ She was still taking care of that pup too, I think, and last I knew- [streak, the writing gets a bit more hurried in excitement past here for a few lines.] Oh! Oh, right, she gave me a riddle! I have to see if I can remember this, it was an absolutely grand riddle~ And I solved it! I think. Even though it was about a location, a location, I solved it~ Let us see if I may recall:

"Where I will go has the Darkness watching from above, and the dead crawling on nearby shores.
A gully rests just South of those shores, where Safety can be found
Watching over a grand waterfall, and peculiar breezes."

I am near certain I know where the place is..~ I doubt she is there any longer, though, so I likely will never have it confirmed. But everything fits quite clearly where I think it lies~ A place where there is a cliff looking over a group of breeze riders, the Nightmare Court are not too far off, occasionally watching over a higher overhang, and the Risen frequent near beaches. A waterfall is there, with a very interesting spot full of power. I do not recall many places, but [blot] it was exciting that I understood not long after she spoke that to me~

She mentioned this place as we parted ways, and I headed to the mansion.



So I have since been staying there. The mansion anyway. I explained to them about as much as I did to Sphae, what had happened, and have since been attempting to recover. I think I am nearly well enough to move without too much trouble~

And I [blot] went to check on the Motley once. Apparently, quite soon, The Jesters will have an outing to the Wastes; one of them has found a treasure map into the area. I.. dearly wish to go. Thorns, do I ever wish to go. I am not sure, though, if my name will count, but I am most definitely going to try~ If I cannot go with them, perhaps [blot] I will go on my own and follow behind them. I would see if another wished to come with me, though.. well, I am not sure they would. Still, I may ask. [a few more spots]

I hope I am allowed, though. I have had no tests yet, and I can't help but think, perhaps this can be one.Somehow. I may check back soon to see if anything else has been written about my ability to go, or when, precisely, I have to be there. I might as well prepare in the meantime, I am so terribly excited~

As it grows, though, these few suns of activity have taken quite a lot of space, so I will stop here, for now. I should -[streak, blot, it seems whatever was going to be written here had been cut off, and ends abruptly]

No comments:

Post a Comment