Monday, June 30, 2014

83 Phoenix, 1327

It was Ren's birthday last sun~ And of course, I remembered. I'd been thinking about it for quite a long while. I [blot] I was just glad I could be there, and that he seemed to enjoy all that was done to show we care for his existence. It is a grand existence~ I do not believe I would still be around in many cases if not for him. But more importantly, he is grand himself, and I hope he was able to get a glimpse of how much we all agree~

I had been looking for a place for him for a while, or [blot] well, actually, a boat. I was hoping to get him a boat, but in searching, I found a grand cove instead. I wasn't certain if he'd seen it, and I decided to stay there for a time, to see if it was fitting to reside at. I set up some things around as well, for it to be fitting to reside at now and then. A small shelter, and place to eat, a place to keep supplies, a fire, and so on. It was not extravagant, though I remember setting such places up when we thought we might stay somewhere a while, and there were no inns about. So I did it again, in part to see how it would hold up, but also for him if he wanted it. I wrote to Nenia and Lafey as well, telling them to prepare for a bit of water, since I had found a place.

[spot] I am so glad that he likes it~ I was quite surprised when he knew so little about the Arch, that he seems, despite what he does, much more enclosed than usual. Or at least was. I hoped that, if he needed a place to go quickly, he could just.. have somewhere.. to be, that perhaps this place could be an option. There are a number of lookout-like, hiding places in that cove too~

I wonder if he's found all the small little 'outposts' about the cove, the ones with torches that require balance or jumping to over bits left in the sea~ I know I thought those were quite exciting~

Alicia and Will gave him a grand feast and cake. We all had to help blow out the candles! Which reminds me:

Candle Blowing: A human tradition on birthdays, is to light a bunch of candles on a cake, and then blow them all out. While blowing them out, one makes a Secret Wish, which cannot be spoken, or it will not come true.

Though it took a lot of preparation, so in the meantime, we all went to the cove I had found. There, we each gave our gifts to Ren. Androsace gave him an Amulet of the Dead. The one she had was said to ward off spirits, which is not entirely the same as the one I had found for him at the Festival, though I didn't want to give him more than one of the same thing. He mentioned that he knew many sailors that had kept them, which was interesting. Because I didn't give him all I wanted to, I asked him if he would like both, Knowledge and Mystery..~ I was planning at first not to mention 'both' as an option, to see if he might figure out he has that Choice anyway, but since I didn't give him a second amulet, I thought I'd make it more clear. He seemed to like both the book, and the strange shard..~ Nenia got him a box, and I think within the box was a bottle, though I am not sure what was in the bottle; I couldn't stretch far enough. Whatever it was, Ren thought it was beautiful though. Lafey sat by me, and seemed pleased at all that was happening, but I think, perhaps, if she has a gift, it may be Secret. Of course, Secrets are some of the best sorts of gifts~

We stayed some time longer there, and I, eventually, showed them all to the waypoint, before we headed back. [blot]

It was so excellent to see Ren smiling so much as well~ I hope whatever Secret he wished for will occur soon enough~

No comments:

Post a Comment