Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Notes, a Letter, and 77 Phoenix, 1327

Notes: TRemember

Selda

* Girl
* Red hair
* Large dog
* Remember this
* Not actually Rafe or Nik.

[After the brief notes, there's been a letter stuck into this page, along with some more lengthy writing. If the letter is unfolded, it reads as follows: ]

The Letter:
[The arriving letter is again, warded. The letter looks like it had been rolled up, and appears to have had something attached to it that's since been taken off. If it did not reach its intended, it goes up in flames. The letter has a warm touch to it, as soon as the proper recipient has it. Unrolling it reveals what appears to be a blank page, but with what seems to be a strange translucent gloss of writing. After a moment, the gloss burns into a readable text.]

Xsaiavlairnn~,
I recall you talking about writing instructions on your new found method of writing to others, but here we have a first experiment. I think I understand enough that I can manage along just fine~. I suppose it works if you received this safely. Good for you. I still have the second one with me, hm? So that you can return a letter, if you so wish, and I'm sure you will, for I have some interesting news.


As I'm sure you can guess, the reason I have been venturing has not been for "environmental changes"~.. It is a little deeper than that, and well, of course, still seeing if I may run into my dear brother while I'm out there. I would hope not to run into him out there, but I wouldn't be surprised if I did~. I have a contact you may be interested in if you're seeking something further within the Nightmare Court. It seems we have tricky siblings that disguise themselves as courtiers to walk among them, to learn, and well, do what they will, I suppose. I made him show me his talent, because how good could he be, hm? He is quite good. If you would like to be introduced, to see for yourself, I'd like to take you when you have the time, if you're still around the area. I wouldn't expect you to go alone, either. I would like to come along, and see just how much we can fool the courtiers in our own searches for knowledge. If they were wise enough to find out, we can take our own, right~?


If it isn't something that interests you, that is quite alright. I can let you know what exactly you miss~. Take care of yourself in the meantime.

--Sphae

77, Phoenix, 1327 

I believe things are starting to change. Perhaps I am near what I am looking for, or at least, near finding something that might bring me to it. I am finally progressing, I think~ I am finally.. getting somewhere, navigating this lost space to a place that matters to me, and while I haven't found it yet, I can feel there is so much on the horizon, like standing with my feet in the sea as it pulls back for a large wave to come anew. It is exciting~

I still have to write Sphae back, and I will do it as soon as I am done with these memories. 

I followed the Winds back to the Motley the other sun, hoping I may find Nik there. And I was not disappointed~ I did find him, eventually, though it was by trick and chance that I had. He was acting as the voice of the Motley, deciding to call me 'Intruder' by choice. Really, though, I had been invited several times. I was told that I could stop by even when the others were not about. If that is something that is against their own 'rules', they need to clarify further. I managed not to get poisoned, nor trapped indefinitely forever there. Not that I would have been able to be held, I'm sure..~ There are ways of escape, should nothing else present itself, just merely.. more unpleasant than being given the Choice.

Anyway, our meeting was interesting. Nik very much as interesting as it sounded, even in just our short time meeting. He is apparently grand at keeping Secrets, which I certainly can respect. Furthermore, he is a human that doesn't have problems wearing little clothing, and that is also interesting. Most humans I have met certainly like to keep themselves Secret, I thought that was simply.. what humans do. He watched me for a while, though he didn't poke at me like Ren did. ... Yet, anyway. I [blot] actually asked, perhaps, about what one must do to join them.

Unfortunately, I couldn't simply know first, and decide if I wished to join later, it seems. Nik expected that I w- well, I suppose he wouldn't be wrong . . ... I don't know. I am [spot] I don't know if I will have a place here, but it still seems interesting enough to see. I am to be put to several tests, apparently, to see if I am suitable and I am quite curious as to what they are.

Though.. while heading to do them, I managed to lose Nik. Somehow. In a hallway. [blot]

That is probably my worse case of getting lost yet, other than the times when I forget where I am because I end up suddenly facing some other direction. Though the Chaos is involved then, and one can never be sure about anything when dealing with the Chaos.

Still, I lost him. I did manage to find one named Rafe though. He does remind me a little bit of Ren, at least in colors, though I think he is a bit stronger. He has chosen to call me 'Seven'. [blot] Apparently it sounds a bit like my name. I suppose it might if it is said very quickly, and forgetting several letters, like.. the X, the l, and the r. And a few sylables. [a few spots] Certainly an interesting Choice~ He made a number of strange faces at the tendrils, but the tendrils are probably stranger than the faces. As well as.. [blot]well, somewhat of a deformity. I suppose that human he mentioned, with extra fingers, might be too, especially since they can't grow or regrow limbs. Anyway, I couldn't stay long; only long enough to get tangled up it seems. Zaree came by, and got her arm stuck, so I had to untangle her. The two were speaking of the gods, and how they may or may not have yelled at anyone when [blot] I remembered I left Vathen outside.

I'd heard him yelling earlier, though I got carried away, and wanted to make sure nothing had happened.I went out to see to him, and it seems that he and another bird got in a bit of a disagreement; another bird that had a letter for me. 

That letter was from Sphae, and well [blot] It certainly isn't something I want to ignore. Since I lost Nik anyway, and when I returned, neither of the other two were about, I thought I'd just leave Nik a note. [a few more spots] I think it should be fine where I left it floating. Perhaps he lives in that little panel he popped out from on the Motley. He'll surely see it if he goes back there~

Meanwhile, I must write back to Sphae, nevermind any number of others, before seeing where it is she may be thinking of.

No comments:

Post a Comment