Friday, June 20, 2014

80, Phoenix, 1327


I met with Lafey last sun. It was entirely unexpected to meet at Lion's Arch, but it was quite grand to speak with her again. She was a bit worried though, and I don't actually know if much that I said helped, but at the least, it seemed to cause her a bit less distress to speak of it.

I gave her the gift I had for her~ She actually liked it, and said it was beautiful, which was also quite pleasing. I wasn't entirely certain, as I figure a great many would not necessarily appreciate it. But it was quite interesting! And perhaps even true, what was said about the arm, that it may help with necromantic abilities. I am sure, if she wishes, she will find use for it.

We also went to one of my more Secret places, the one near the Brand. It turned out to be a grand place to talk, despite her doubts, so we were able to speak more there. Lafey, at least, seemed comfortable, and laid herself across me to weave her Secrets of these two aggravating, troublesome, yet interesting men and their game. [blot] Lafey will not lose her Choices to anyone. These men, though, make her feel as a mere piece in the game they've devised of 'looking intelligent' and 'gaining money', which I feel is rather strange from the start. Understandably, she is curious, and wishing to see the 'winner', the one who can solve the puzzle and how they do it, and this is something I can certainly see being interested in. So I tried to offer a few different ways to shift among the pieces. To watch them, but know quite clearly that they may be aware of exactly what they give; there are those who often miss the stories they tell by mere actions and chosen words, thinking only their meanings cross to others. But there are those, who, I'd think in such games as these, might know exactly what they show and speak in ways beyond their own meanings, and use what's given, and what's Secret to their end.

Lafey does not know exactly what she wants, and neither would I in such a place, really, but I trust she knows how to walk the maze between what is, and what can be. There must be something there if she stays, and I think she will find it, or at least learn what it is and create ways to its gain. 

She also mentioned Ascalon being troublesome, though caring to keep these men.. separate. I am guessing from the rest of us, and all else. She didn't want others caught up in their games by her roots, which also makes sense. It would always, ultimately, be the choice of said 'others', whether or not they get involved, but.. perhaps just the feeling of it is a burden unwished. If it doesn't go as she wishes, I said that we could go to Ascalon anyway, though I am not the same.. company. I wonder what they would do there. [blot] The man, apparently, is a doctor. Though considering what has been said. . . [spots]

By a different branch, I told her of my own coming tests and potential change, of Nik and the Jesters a bit, from what I'd seen, and of some of the things that have happened among those I met. I wonder if she would ever care to meet them. She said she may not be ready to meet another group like that, and.. [blot]I felt the same as well, for a time. Though I.. need something. She found something in this game, and I have found something with this possibility. So we agreed, that, one day, when she is ready, and should it be as it sounds to be, that they may meet.

[a few more blots]

I didn't say much of my troubles, but.. [blot] well, they were only semi-momentary before, and.. [spot]shouldn't be too bad in the future, I hope. I mentioned that orb of potential escape to her, though she said she wouldn't need it, and.. I.. should likely keep it, all things considered. I'd really prefer not to get.. held by the Nightmare Court. [a few blots] Or held in an airship, if that ever does happen. Or held anywhere, really. I'm quite sick of being captured.

[blot]

I should also note to memory that.. mention of 'chess' itself was.. [blot] familiar. Very familiar, I felt I knew it very well, and yet could not place any one time I'd really played. I saw many.. 'flashes' though, many, like I had [spot] I don't know. It was odd. Perhaps sometime I should get the game for myself to see if I actually know what I think I know.

Regardless, it was grand to see Lafey smile again..~ I hadn't for a while, but there were a couple times when her pleased radiance shone through, and it was so grand to be part of.

No comments:

Post a Comment