Thursday, August 7, 2014

21 Scion, 1327

There are a few letters tucked into these pages.

The first note:
*it reads in the cramped, hurried script so familiar to Phooka, the paper is water stained and the ink runs, making it difficult to read*

Xsaiavlairnn,

This -- smmmeeearr - etter find you. Sorry *blot* o short. Resear---stain-- team taking short rest. Danger *blot* to stop to long. We - I - let something out it.....*blot, unreadable scribble* must find.

Will write again -- ink streak -- oon. I am ... alive. Do not worry.

My --eart yours,

P.

A more sturdy parchment:
Xsaiavlairnn,

I apologize deeply for my first letter, we were in the middle of the jungles my priory team and I, there wasn't much time to write. And when I received your letter I didn't want... *ink blot* ... I wanted you to know that I've thought of you often. I am so sorry for not writing sooner but things have been, a whirlwind, though that is no excuse. And I had thought that -- perhaps you had forgotten about me. I would not blame you if you had. I do not mean it in a... Thorns! Nevermind. I was so excited to get your letters I had to answer even with just a quick note.

All of your adventures, I am jealous, only because I was not there. Take care dealing with the Nightmare as always, I still practice often my own Silence, and never have regretted the quiet you've taught me. I wonder if they do not realize that the Dream and Nightmare are the same coin...idle thoughts. So many adventures, I hope the birthday was well received, for Ren, such things always inspire good converations ... a riddled door? do you mean a door with a riddle, I am certain you enjoyed such... festival? what festival, forgive me I've been rather engrossed in my studies. Perhaps I should visit civilization more. Sometimes it is so easy to forget about such things when working on mysteries in the Priory.

Airship? Does this mean you are an aether pirate? or would that be privateer, as it sounds as if you are hired out...*blot.blot* I would love to get a peek at their engine room, I could spend some time studying aether propulsion, and aerial lift equations as it applies to Hinden's cloud theory...*inssplat* I am babbling, airships are one of the things I have always wish to study. Perhaps sometime I will be able to visit the ship with you...that is if you would want me to....

And they should consider you an expert among magical theories, at least in the fields of chaos!! You are brilliant and I am sure you've expanded into deeper, richer understandings. They should count themselves lucky to have such a knowledgeable sylvari among them! *splot* They sound as if they could be worthy of your expertise.

I myself have been working on the amulet, that was what our expedition into the jungles through Sparkfly Fen. I am... it was... I am not ready to tell that tale just yet, I hope perhaps I can tell it to you in person soon. If you truly wish to hear it. We lost... *blot, scratch* ....the sorrow is still too fresh. Though it has made me realize that while my knowledge of the mechanical, mathematical and aether physic theory is vast, it still encompasses so very little of the world. And I have decided to pursue a more magical art of necromancy. I feel it'll compliment my own teachings. And there is a strong tradition here in the Priory for it. But my studies will be slow as I"m still deeply involved with engineering.

But a rather enthusiastic asura, Nixxat, has taken me under her wing. She is quite talented in the study of the dead, and the forces of death magic on the living flesh. Sometimes what she speaks goes far over my head, but it is much art as it is science when considering some of the theories.

*blot.blot.blot. (as if the tip of the pen as if indecisive)*

I miss you. More then I can say, I miss you. And the others, but you most of all. I have felt the stirring, the Priory is a blaze with it, about the possible awakening of another dragon. The thorns, spreading from the wilds, I am ...concerned. That is ill said, I'm frightened for you. For myself. I also feel that this, this may have something to do with our own people... despite my soundlessness they are still ours. I find myself staring out of my window, thinking that I simply can not just stand by, I can not ....If there is a way I can help I must find it. I think this is simply the beginning. I'm preparing myself to aid with the efforsts against this threat.

The blackness is to fierce and it lingers to readily... and I don't want you to, I understand you can handle yourself but, if I can be there.

I will. I will be passing through Holbrek in a nights time. If you are near...and wish to meet me. I will be there.

Love, always, in all ways,

Phooka

A small note: 
If you still wish to meet, I will be at Skarti's Steading for some time this evening...

I hope... well, it is up to you.

Love,
Phooka



21, Scion, 1327 

It seems that I got to see her again sooner than I thought, but that isn't all~

I recieved some letters from Phooka, and he was going to be passing through Hoelbrak! So of course, I informed Lafey and the two of us were going to meet him~ [a few blots]

It was all so grand. I continue glowing just thinking about it, I was so pleased to finally see him again, that both of us could~ He has changed quite a bit! He speaks much more like a human now, or perhaps a charr, and looks as though he's seen much. I [spot] I like them both~ I mean, how he's grown himself, and how he had grown back then. He's rather handsome~ [blot] He sounds to have had an interesting time with the Priory, and all that he mentioned to speak was a grand story, despite him conceding that many days were dull. [a few spots]

I am getting ahead of myself. I wish to recall this memory, I should place it in some amount of order~

Lafey and I arrived in Hoelbrak to meet Phooka. Of course, he was already there and we didn't know it, until word was sent by a wonderful clockwork raven. Less wonderful was Phooka forgetting that I have a horrid directional sense, and neither of us really knew where by the winds that the lodge was he was staying at. [a few spots] Or, well. I suppose it wasn't forgetting, he [blot] just claimed to have that much faith in me that I could find it. [spot] It's endearing; no one really.. thinks so highly of me, or I'm not aware of any other who would. He trusts in me so much [spot] but I.. know that one of these times, though I never want to, I am probably going to let him down. That won't stop me from trying my hardest not to, though.

Phooka was right though, I did eventually lead us to find him in the right lodge. He was working on something or other, and we certainly distracted him for a while~ It was quite nice to feel his fingers along my face again. I couldn't help but pull him into a tight hug then, he was asking for it by being there~ Lafey looked as though she may cry, so I felt we'd best get over there to her first. She ordered us both to quickly sit though, and we obliged.

[a few spots] He spoke of one named Coriander, apparently a somewhat large man who Phooka had lived with and worked with for a time. Though I [blot] the way he spoke of him, it.. seemed they were friends, but also that Coriander is now.. gone. I did not ask, but I noticed Phooka's mannerisms, and [spot] well, thought better not to chase it. When he wrote to me, it sounded as though something terrible had happened, and.. I only ventured a guess in my silence. I hope he is alright, but I thought, perhaps, the best way to allow for less painful thoughts would be to focus on the more vibrant ones. It seems, though, at first that this Coriander was not the most agreeable of sorts.

Phooka mentioned that his own appearance had changed by.. well, many experiences, but his leaves had grown out by a spell by Coriander. I imagine he simply volunteered for an experiment, I would not be all that surprised~ Somehow he seemed to think it may be repulsive. He was terribly wrong. He was actually quite wrong several times that moon, but that will reveal itself soon enough~ He's hardly the one with their insides sticking out and growing all over the place in plain view like me, and I, conversely, think the new look quite grand~

He spoke of being chased, verbally, from the library by Grimalkin, the charr. He said that it was difficult, yet rewarding to be in the Priory, and that he hid away for the first few weeks, which was why Grima told him to stop it. He mentioned an abomination that was trapped with him and Coriander behind a cave-in, yet they both managed to deal with it well. And thus far, it seems, he's not encountered the Growth.

But he wants to be assigned to look into it.
 [blot] I told him to be careful, and I asked.. if it would be possible to join him, should he do so. As much as I hate being by the Growth, I [blot] it is [a few more spots]well, he won't be alone, but I just.. want to be there. If he feels the way I do near it, I can only hope [a few more spots] I don't know. It's dangerous, and I think it makes most sense to have those who already have a knowledge of them going, especially if explicitly to study. I will send him what I learn from my own journey, and.. hopefully it will be of help to him.

Phooka also spoke of punching Coriander in the face, as the man would not stop bothering him. Phooka punching someone in the face! It was a rather grand thought, though perhaps that is not the proper reaction to such news~

He is interested in the airship, so perhaps there will be a time I can bring him by the Motley. I doubt they would mind, and if they do, then I will take the trouble for it.

And it seems there are some Dreamers there that cause him problems. Or, well, perhaps not problems, but [blot] they treat Phooka as though he is sick, or ailed; that he needs 'saving' from his own Choices. I had wished that such a thing would not be encountered, but [blot] well, it is present. Lafey mentioned stepping in, and [blot] I was certainly thinking it~ Though, of course, there is little that I could do, but [spot]Well, if they should ever think to step in the way of his Choices, and I should know of it, something will certainly be done. I'd.. also thought that Lafey may understand, given that she is in a position, where, others may seek to force something on her, or treat her differently. She said that perhaps that's why we get along so well [a few spots] perhaps it is part~ But they are brilliant in ways far beyond such a view, and it certainly would not be the only reason.

[a few more blots]

Of the best things, I can hardly keep my thoughts together~ I am glowing, and grinning to the point of it being difficult to place such warmth into words. How troubling and problematic~ Perhaps we will get a chance to do all we mused we may. Perhaps more than that~ And Lafey and Phooka both seemed.. quite adoring of each other, through their own veils. I hope they will get to see each other more as well, especially since Lafey will be sneaking around Priory encampments, and Phooka was curious about lessons in necromancy. [blot] also imagine that they stand in a much closer place now. The way Phooka has grown, it seems.. well, that he knows the intricacies of human culture and otherwise much better. I imagine that [spot] perhaps I am still quite a bit behind. It is not that I don't understand, but more that I do not.. use that knowledge with such a finessce. [a few more blots] But I suppose, though, that if I fall to something intolerable in my mannerisms, I will either be informed, or.. it will be made clear in other ways.

[a blot]

Somewhat before our departure, Phooka made the mistake of speculating that I couldn't pick him up anymore~ He was entirely wrong~ I took him in my arms and, quite simply I might add, ran around with him until I reached a hill and threw him in the snow. He had deserved it, all the way back since the fence~ And for being the real turnip~ It was grand to carry him around again, even despite his stubbornness. I'm sure if he'd really not enjoyed it, he wouldn't have been laughing and whooping all the while~ We all managed to jump in the snow, get stuck, and I jumped us out before the other two had to be off. It was almost like that one time, though.. certainly not quite~ But this time the three of us were together. As the moon was high, we then kissed our farewells, and that was that.

It was a grand day..~ Certainly one of the best things I could hope for before heading to.. well, where seldom rest and calm will reside. I [blot] I found myself really wishing I could stay. But we've all other paths that need us, it was just [blot] I hope, with all I am, that it will not be the last time our paths cross. I will Bend the Rules to make sure I do not lose my Choices, to not be forced break the agreement I made with Lafey, but [blot] if a Bend is not enough, at the very least it was.. a wonderful meeting to part with.

No comments:

Post a Comment