Friday, August 22, 2014

25 Scion, 1327

As if things could be no worse. I suppose they can always be worse.

[blot, with a small indent in the page]

I am still terribly upset at their insolence. Yes, they made their own Choices, and they are free to it. I do not mind that. What I do mind is being subject to their own poor decisions, ones that I explicitly warned against, and that my Choices may have been taken by their own entirely disregarding decisions. It had been spoken off a week prior! By the Winds [blot]

This is always bound to be my fate for holding any expectations. This time, as last, it was an expectation of intellegence. Clearly, it was mis-held. [spot]

Though it did not go unscathed, and I imagine what they did not see a week prior was learned. So long as there was learning [blot]

The Motley was attacked by the Growth. Because it had remained too close to where it was thriving. Am I surprised in the least? No. The answer is no.

What I was surprised about before that, however, was what I learned about the Stone. Most of the quick notes I had taken are before this, but I may write down something more in depth later. [spot] The others are likely being siphoned from by the Stone. Though, at this point, it is somewhat difficult to do anything about it. [spot] I really do have to wonder, though, if this stone is actually what it is thought to be. It seemed the siphons were attached to the soul, the center, the core. Which [blot] considering what had been heard from Her, one would think perhaps it was, instead, one of those.. [blot] 'soul batteries' that I had read about and possibly encountered that were used near the stone. But I am stretching with theories, I [blot] really don't know, and all of that depends on the accuracy of previous speculation, as well as the words of one who likes to deceive.

Regardless, [blot] I am doing a terrible job at recording what occurred. Though it's, admittingly, a bit hard to write in some respects. I had entered the Motley with full intention of informing all of them that they should move the ship away from the Growth due to the powerful magical artifact we have but it seems the artifact itself was brought into question first. I looked it over for them, and through the In-Between, I saw what was mentioned in the notes. [blot] It wasn't long, though, before the Growth did as expected, and[blot] grabbed at the ship. The Chaos panicked, but I was still seeing in the In-Between, and couldn't actually see what was happening. Everything tipped sideways. I heard shots fired. As well as yelling and everything crashing. [blot] What I could discern through the Realm Between Realms was the Stone, so I reached to grab it before I tumbled further and then [spot] there was nothing. I was free falling through the air, it must've been, Chaos panicking all the while, until everything was gone.

We awoke in the centaur camp. They hadn't been about before, so [spot] they needed a bit more knowledge of the place. I had to re-orient to the right reality, which was rather painful, but beyond some broken foliage and an aching leg, I was mostly fine to my discerning. Others were less so. Brotemus had broken his leg. Donari seemed sick and coughing from the sand, Calvin had some rather troublesome injuries as well. The lot of them were in far worse shape than I, which [blot] I suppose was lucky for us. As they wished to go somewhere out of the sands, yet knew nothing of the place.

So I led. [blot] Which is actually an atrocious idea, but [spot] well, I was the only one that knew the area. More luck on my behalf, we did not have to go through Prosperity, and furthermore, we simply had to follow the canyon. All passes seem to lead to the destination, an Oasis where I had set up my portal. The Jesters had arrived there well enough, and usurped a small campsite to rest at. [blot]

I am quite glad I had created that portal with Sphae. Unfortunately, none of the Jesters can channel magic into a foci to use it. So it is only myself among them that can leave. [a few more blots]

I imagine that I am going to be their line to all that is outside this desert for a time, which is.. [spot] I don't know. What it is, I suppose. And what's more, is I am the one with the magical knowledge concerning this Stone that is draining them. I am.. [spot] needed. As upset as I am about getting into this situation. [a few more blots]

It is my hope that they are simply caught heavily off guard. Since the Knights [spot] well, situations of survival are prevalent all the time, I suppose. At least where I run. But it is different caring for one's self and one other than it is for.. a multitude. Is it terrible of me to be more bothered than concerned? Perhaps. ... Though they do not know me, and I hardly know them. I came looking for something, and[blot] well, I found quite a bit of responsibility. I am definitely learning something more about the workings of others, that there actually are those with so little proficiency in magic, and how.. they live, and some about each of them themselves. Much about interesting artifacts. [a few blots] They are kind to me, and yet I .. [blot]

I don't know. It is not the same, not really. They are so close to each other, and I am strange. Quite aptly an Intruder..~ One that is hardly understood. That they allowed me stay with them is.. surprising, yet, it seems, clearly I am useful to them, so I imagine that is why. At least I am able to do something.

However, I do not intend on [blot] remaining merely useful to those less known when my Choices are at stake. That is not something I am willing to give up. [a few more spots] I will help them, though. It seems, right now, they have no one else who readily can. And I, though feel begrudged to admit, would not like to see them lose their Choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment