Thursday, May 8, 2014

38 Phoenix, 1327

Last sun was actually somewhat more [blot] refreshing.  In a way I did not actually expect, which made it even more grand.

I had found a high place to take my Silence by the flowing stream along the Reach.  It only confirmed what I had been wondering, that.. [blot] I must find something for myself.  Even if it is a path I create, or something I chase, there must be something more than running to a towering cliffside, and finding the best way to fall, when it comes time to go over.  That cannot be what my life is for, and I won't let it be.  There is far too much out there to learn for that.  And while I will certainly look, I need something greater.

From my Silence, I came to, and thought I saw something peculiar down the actual cliffside I was at, by the water.  I couldn't make it out then, it looked much like the rushing currents close by, but I knew that it wasn't.  Though as I stood to get a closer look, I saw something else that [blot] took hold of.. my attention in the other direction.

She.. [blot, a few spots]  she looked so familiar.  So incredibly familiar, I.. [blot]  I got that feeling again.  It was strong, but [blots]  different.  It was both frightening and exciting, but... overwhelming.  And yet, I didn't want to seem so strange upon meeting, I didn't ask if we knew each other, it was.. [blot]  so familiar, but different.

[a few more spots]

Sphae was what she wished me to call her.  A brilliantly white and sunlight orange dappled sylvari, who was calm, yet curious and subtly playful as a soft breeze.  She seemed very wise as well, I.. [blot] was surprised, really.  I have not.. met another sylvari quite like that in some time, it was, as they say, a 'breath of fresh air' to be able to speak so freely and be understood by another.  Who in turn, would speak just so to me.  She seemed strong as well, there was very much the air of more than can be seen beneath her calm grin, and.. [spot]  I would like to know her better, if I should ever get the chance.

She is an elementalist, and a wanderer, like myself it seems.  She.. shared my notions of the Grove as well, though does not avoid it so as I do.  She also said she.. liked my calm.  I wonder if she is Soundless, or inclined that way.  [a few blots]  If she was, it would certainly explain our getting along well..~  Though, of course it is possible to find one who is not, and still get along just fine.  Whatever her inclinations, she was quite interesting company.

She was curious about the bats along the hillside, so we both climbed our way up to see if we could find a cave at their source.  We did~  It was where the falls were coming from, though she did not wish to part the waves and disturb the inhabitants.  She did, however, help me step into the water and not be swept away by the strong currents, so we might see it up closer~  It was a grand sight, much better from close, and.. she was right.  Powerful and beautiful in its own right, while its own currents showed how a single thing can be so much more than what it might first appear.

We couldn't get up the hillside further, which was disappointing, but [blot]  I saw the strange thing I had noticed earlier in a different spot along the river.  Upon closer look, it was Calaidhe.  He seemed somewhat surprised to see me, though.. [blot]  We didn't actually speak long.   He seemed to be stuck, as though he was in a place that was similar to my own when we met.  So I fought with him.  I thought.. I should return the 'favor'.  Even though I could have been wrong, he seemed eager to anyway.

He didn't stay long after, and Sphae did not either.  I was glad to have met her, though I imagine it was somewhat of an odd meeting.  Perhaps the Winds will be kind enough to cross our paths again.

No comments:

Post a Comment