Monday, May 12, 2014

41 Phoenix, 1327

[a splatter-like blot]

Thorns.  Thorns.

Why does this continue to happen?  I am a terrible protector, but at the very least, I suppose I am not considered as one to begin with.  It seemed.. there was little that we could have done.  If we went at all, I think the end result would have been the same, whether I had casted or not.  I.. know that, by all consideration, I.. [spot] should not blame myself for it.  At least.. [blot] none of us were hurt.  At.. [spot] least it was not like the first time.

But regardless, this is the second time.  The second, brambleous time that we have been deceived this way.  Is it really so commonplace among humans for this to happen?  How, by the raging Winds do they trust these people by their word?  I cannot [spot] Ugh.

I am so angry that we continue to be dragged into these messes.  We are dragged, yet we can do nothing for it, because it is not our matter to deal with now.  I suppose, though, it could be even worse if we were involved.  It seems one of their.. [blot] associates got taken.  I.. [blot]

I should record this memory properly.

Nenia received a letter from this.. Cera Corvi human, a Seraph, whom Ren is acquainted.  It was requesting to meet at a location, some lodge, in order for a 'situation to be explained'.  She was one of the ones who was there when the ambush at the Quay happened.  I cannot say I was very pleased with any of that either, though I suppose it was good and fortunate they were there when it was attacked.

[a few more blots]

We spoke to Ren about the letter.  There was some skepticism, but we decided to go anyway.  In.. addition, Ren told me about the ones who attacked Nenia.  I.. [spot] at least have a vague idea of what to look for now, should I be out and chance see one who is similar, though I should ask a few more questions at some point.

Anyway, we went.  We noted that the lodge looked largely abandoned, and I was quite skeptical.  I thusly suggested that we inspect the place under stealth, as it appeared there were none others present yet.  It was agreed upon, and I began to conceal us, however [blot] some sort of wards had been placed around the area, and I believe my casting set them off.  There was a burst, and everything grew difficult to discern; it was so incredibly disorienting, I could barely stand straight, or at all, nevermind, do much of anything when.. I don't know, it felt like we were dragged.  Maybe..?  That would make sense, though, considering.. well, at least where I ended up.

Locked in this room.  There were no others in it, and no other plausible ways out.  When I regained root of my own body, I found little in the room, and that my staff had been taken.  ... Little in the room but sheeted beds, and some furniture with.. more sheets in them.  So I coaxed a sheet to something more rope-like, that I intended to .. use, should any enter my room.  I waited for a long while, once I had set up a place of ambush, though.. the one who entered instead was Nenia.  She.. came back for me.  And not long later, Lafey.  They seemed unhurt, apparently most of what had gone on had occurred downstairs.  I.. [blot]

I do not at all like being held in one place against my Choice.  And I was just so upset that they had been dragged into this.  Dragged into more from this.  It was never what they wanted, and while they did make the choice to come here as I did.. [spot] I don't know.  The whole thing was.. frustrating, though it could have been so much worse.  Lafey said that some killer had locked us away.  And that she set a norn on fire.  Cera did not send that letter.  Apparently most else was taken care of, though the seraph's companion had been.. taken, by some asuran device it sounds like.

[blot]  It was difficult to believe that none remained.  It  sounded like there were many, from Nenia and Lafey's descriptions, but when we went downstairs, there was no one.  I.. [blot]  I was very ready still to deal with anyone who may have remained and tried to stop us from leaving.  But I never see them.  It.. [spot]  it was not as bad as the first time.  But I.. was expecting it may be.

I did not want anyone else to have to go through that again.

[a large blot]

I'd.. have liked to ask Lafey to stay with us, if she wished, though I.. was not quick enough in gathering my thoughts.  I don't know if she would have.  She touched my arm when we were outside.  I wonder if she felt the same way.  She.. can still manage to calm me, it was only some, but.. [blot] I am so upset that she was taken as well, but I am glad for her.. letting me know she is there, even though it was just a small moment.  I hope these things will stop following us.

I wonder if they will ever stop following us.

No comments:

Post a Comment