Sunday, May 11, 2014

A Collection of Letters

[ There are several letters folded into these pages. They don't all appear to be from recently, rather, just letters collected over time placed between these pages for their own sake. ]

The first group of letters...




*Written in that familiar cramped and hurried script, of someone who appears to be more like slashing the paper with ink then forming letters. Reads as follows*

Xsaiavlairnn,

I am glad to hear you are well, despite the mishap at the Quay, I admit it nearly drove me back but I now that you can handle yourself well enough. That doesn't mean I don't worry, and my heart doesn't drop to my heels when I hear that you may be in danger. *blot. scratch* but then again, living is dangerous isn't it. It doesn't suprise me that the it was ransacked it seems every place that I have been. *inkpuddle* It seems to solidify my choice to join the Priory.

Thankfully, I removed both the book and the amulet from the lab, as well as most of my, *blot.blot* sensitive materiels. The Priory was quite handy in that regard, allowing me an easy way to move such items into their repository. In fact I am leading the researching on the amulet, it has led us mostly into the depths of Sparkfly Fen, *scratch* I think because the Musaatt were said to reside there. *blot* They have far more knowledgeable scholars in dwarven artifacts to take care of the book itself. *blot* but I have been able to keep updated.

It is difficult and refreshing to work with other scholars, their goals however are. *blot* a little to aultristic for me at times. But do not tell the magistrates I said so. Perhaps it would be good for me to learn that experimentation should be done with the results in mind. *scratch.inkdot.inkdot* That I should think of why to do something rather then doing it because I can.

I do not think I will see the Quay for some time. *inkdot.inkdot.inkdot* but I appericate the warning, or caution.

I was over joyed to receive the letter, though some of the mesmers of the Priory were quite curious about your wards, I did not allow them to touch the bird however. *blot* much to their dismay and was grateful when they dissipated at my touch. It seems I have been gone already ages from you, but the hollowness is so new, as if I only left yesterday. I hold our moments together like small, precious pearls, in my mind and heart. And I remind myself that they are not the last, and so.. I will remind you as well.

You say the 23rd? I shall have to send you something particularly excellent then, it is not much time and it may arrive late. Which ever day you decide you awakened, is the best day, for you've made my world a better place by awakening into this one. *blot**splotch*

Perhaps I could help, if nothing else serve as someone to test ideas through pen and paper and discourse, in regards to your experiments. Even if it is merely a set of eyeballs to read or your words *blot* though my advice may not always be ...worth following. Still feel free to use me as a drafting board if you wish. As for the Reach, I believe we all get lost there. *blot* even some of its own denizens seem to wander around aimlessly though this may be by choice.

Ah I believe I have exhausted my ink now, *splotch* and I am certain you ahve more important things to do then read my ink mess. My thoughts are with you, in some part, always. I miss your warmth and laughter and your silence.

Yours,
Phooka

*The bottom corner of the letter has some strange device etched on it, some repeating rifle with a kind of large drum attached to it, it's faded and much worn. There is also, a heart and on close inspection one can see it drawn from tiny gears.*

 A single, black page...



The next group of letters...








The last group of letters...

[The paragraphs have dried at different times, like he had to start and stop often, and some of the writing is a little rushed.]

Dear Xsaia,

You're very clever, you know, or perhaps I am merely very simple. Those are wonderful suggestions! My illusions are usually very basic, I've never translated enough of myself into them that I could use them as senses or conversation. You won't mind if I want to practice some with you, will you, when you are free? I would like to ask some questions about it.

I tried to duplicate the ward you placed on the letter. There is nothing private in here, I mean, I just wanted to try. I may ask how it went!

..

I think perhaps I am not such an easy person to gift, at least with items. I. don't tend to want much for myself. But I appreciate your helping me learn, and grow, and that is gift enough. And the thought that you would want to give me something makes me very happy.

I would not say it is your fault, but. I suppose, presuming you did want to ask, I do like books of all sorts, but especially magic and history and fictional tales. And if you ever find a stone that would make for lovely jewelry, I would like to turn it into something! And I like

.

I am terribly sentimental.

Thank you for the ideas. I'm sure I would not have thought about many of them otherwise! I believe some of these I will practice with until we meet again.

Take care as well.

Love,
Syrlya

Also this vine is very pretty!
________
Dear Xsaia,

Worry not if you are busy, I am finding myself quite occupied as well! I would still like to meet with you, of course, but I imagine I can ask what I wish to know here, and perhaps I can take my practice even further before we meet again!

Are Lafey and Renswerth busy? They seemed to be, last that I saw. Is your research a secret? I hope it is going well for you, let them know I hope their business is going the same, should you see them before I do.

I was quite curious about the method in which your illusions seem to act so independently. Is it a result of holding onto chaos energy very loosely, so that it might function on its own, or are you simply so good at not having to focus on them in order for them to maintain and act?

How do their senses work, when you for instance have them look at your back? Do you translate your own senses into the illusion? Is it tied to you, or simply energy you bend in order to give it a voice to what it can react to?

What is the range in which you can venture an illusion from you?


I have read a lot about wards, so I recognized the detection, but with little actual practice to go along. You put some sort of blurring on the letter as well? I could figure out the illusion, but not how it would be broken just yet. There is something else I am still trying to figure out. When I do, you'll know, I'll put it on a letter!

The one I placed was mostly sensitive to the intense gathering of your magic, but I think this one is a little more particular to your frequency? Is it a little better, do you think?

I will see about paying you a visit in the next day or so if you do not mind. I will have some business out that way anyway. Don't worry if you are not around, I will leave word.

I hope that the things on your mind go well.

Love,
Syrlya

No comments:

Post a Comment