Tuesday, May 27, 2014

52 Phoenix, 1327

[A letter is stuck between these pages.  It looks as though it was folded more than it is now, and with it in the book is a delicate and soft twine. The letter retains a very floral scent, and reads as follows...]

Dear Xsaiavlairnn,

I thought for sure that the winds would push us to one another again, seeing as it took some joy in doing so quite frequently those days ago. I admit, I have been a tad disappointed that I have not crossed you as of late, but that can only mean you have found greater things, or maybe not so greater things. Hopefully not the latter, to a degree~ Though I can say if you need a good mender, an excellent mender, would be happy to put you back together. 

Though, as morbid as that is, again, I will hope you have not been reduced to mulch. You certainly seem capable, as opposed to your sapling friend, Syrlya~ I can imagine that if you have been frequenting the human capital area, then of course we would not meet. I am not there as often, exploring Brisban territory. It has been quite some time since I have been here, I do not recall there being so many humans last time, especially aggressive ones~ They are put in their place, mind you. It seems our dear brothers and sisters that have embraced the Nightmare are there as well.

As opposed to all of this doom and gloom in writing, I did come across a wondrous cave that led to a very dazzling "city". It has grown much since I was there last. I find Skritt amusing, though most do not. If they do not bother you much, perhaps I could take you to what is called Skrittsburgh. The cave seems endless, but I think only because there is so much to see. I do not doubt that if I go there again in the future, it will have additions and even more to look at.

I assume you have found your Castle of Ghosts by now, hm? If you've even come out this far. I have had no such luck in finding the place myself, I hope the offer still stands that you may show me someday, if I do not find it first before then~ I suppose that if it ends up that way, I can test you~ see just what routes you take to your destination and just how well you'll do in finding it.

Do take care until we can meet again, or write me, and I can meet you.Farewell, Xsaiavlairnn.
--Sphae
 __________________________

I got a letter from Sphae, and well.. I suppose it reminded me to record these memories, even if they trickle slowly.  Little has been happening of major note from what I know.  I do not hear from anyone else, not really.  I have stayed occasionally with Nenia when she is about, but she increasingly is not.  [a few blots]  At times I consider following, to the mansion, but.. I simply.. do not know what I would do there.  I am still without a place to any of them.  I may write though, and [spots]  perhaps visit sometime, I am uncertain.

I have, though, been preparing to go.  Vathen has been growing, I've not recorded much of his progress, though he does like talking quite a bit.  He has seemed more restless lately, and I have learned that soon he may be able to fly.  It is such a grand thing, that he may soon be able to go where he chooses, instead of where I place him.  Nenia and Diela have been helping me care for him when I go elsewhere [blot] I would not much care to leave a second self about in Nenia's home without me, especially if Bresien is there, Nenia's father.  I do not believe he likes me very much either, and [spot] it is simply wrong of me to remain in someone's home when unwanted.  Diela tells me otherwise, but she is far too kind of a human, I think, to not keep hidden such things.  [a few spots]  Either way, I have been preparing Vathen for travel with me, and I hope that he might learn to fly about the same time; it may make it easier for us both then.

[a few blots]

Before long I will head out to the jungle to see if I can find those ruins again.  Perhaps Sphae will still be there, if she's not found them already.  I need to return a letter, though this one she wrote did bring me a smile.  [some tiny spots]

Writing does not seem to hold its same fondness as it once has, at least at the moment.  I think I may, instead, take to my run and see if I may find what I seek.

No comments:

Post a Comment