Friday, May 30, 2014

60 Phoenix, 1327

So I did as I had been thinking, last sun, and took the vessel oversea from Lion's Arch to the cliffs to find the Jesters' airship. The Bazaar was so incredibly intriguing! So much was there, a great many things that I wished to look at, but - [blot] I was not there for that, not yet anyway. It was difficult to turn away from everything, and even harder to pay it little mind; there was so much movement, and it was quite busy. But I have been waiting to see the festival with Sphae and maybe Suinidos, so I did not stop for any of it.

Instead, I tried to reach the highest place, and [blot] it seems it was the right thought to have~ I saw Zaree of many titles up top with a kite, and another man, Brotemus he called himself, there as well. Apparently they had just met, but Brotemus was looking to apply to the Jesters, as well as sell fireworks.[a few spots] His mannerisms reminded me a bit of Phooka, though he was certainly more eccentric, I think, and rather open about it. Where Phooka reminds me of a bright flame, there is still a slight, occasional calm to him that this man.. didn't seem to have at all. He was, though, apparently quite fond of explosions. Something that, at times, I cannot argue with in the least..~

[spot] This is a small diverging branch, but I must remember to update the page of human names, so as to not lose them forever if they ever need finding.

That branch aside, other Jesters, or.. former Jesters showed up. Talbous I believe his name was, a charr Lionguard who was a Jester once, was there. He seemed quiet for the most part, and a little troubled by his past endeavors, but he did help Zaree get her kite from being tangled, and seemed to know her fairly well. Abrecan came by as well, I think he was looking for gifts for Miss Lagertha. Much of the conversation became about bombs, and (not) exploding entire wagons with them. Or not exploding them unintentionally. It was actually quite amusing..~ Many of them did not seem.. overly pleased with the thought, though I suppose I [blot]

Well, it reminded me of something more pleasant, many suns ago when I did not feel so.. [blot] vacant, even though 'things exploding' is not necessarily the most desired outcome. . . In many cases, anyway.

[ a few more spots ]

Apparently Zaree is on a Hunt. She mentioned something to me about.. trying to find some secrets, yet having none, and I.. explained it may be difficult for her to carry any. It seems she has seen things from her Dream and.. [blot] it involved.. faces of sorts? That she was looking for? [a few more spots] She seemed troubled that she may not find them, if they were someone else's memory. Perhaps I should have explained better what I meant by what I said. It is not so much that they would be would be impossible to find if they were from another's memory, in fact, that leaves it still very likely they can be sought. A single person does not often go through their life without seeing another; even I, who.. am close to very few, have seen a great number of people. The memories of those people seen by other sylvari may have likely helped to show them to her, and they may very well still be found, if she thinks she must search for them.[a few blots] Death it not the only transference of knowledge for us, not really, I don't think. It is not so simple, but.. I am also not one to speak of Hunts. I wish those who.. have them to find what it is they seek, but in whatever I say about them, I can always be wrong. At the very least, though, perhaps... [spot]she has a bit more to consider when looking.

[another few blots] The others all left at about the same time, (I believe Brotemus jumped off a cliff, I wonder if he has rocket boots he created like Phooka had. . .) though Zaree stayed, and spoke with me a bit more about the Jesters. Apparently she did not need to apply with them; someone close to her was involved with them, and she traveled with them a number of times before Nik (who I really would like to meet, he sounds quite interesting and elusive) gave her.. a card. She showed me the card as well; it was rather grand, the Two of Feathers, she called it. It had a meaning specifically for her, which was that it showed how 'she liked doing new things, taking steps in new places' and was also 'innocent of bad things' which.. she seemed partial to. She called them 'Tarow' cards? I actually [a few blots] do not know if that is right, I know that there is something among humans relating to cards that are said to have power spelled 'Tarot', but there certainly wasn't a 't' at the end of what she said. Perhaps I will inquire later.

It seems though, that there are Arcana cards as well, which are held by Nik and Donari. They sound as though they are more powerful. [a few more spots] I am rather intrigued by this whole notion, that one gets such an object of power with meaning to the self when they are.. known. Though beyond those vague notions, I know little more about how this happens, or what it means.

It wasn't long after that she showed me the airship, and it was grand! It also, likely, was not a creature. There was quite a bit to see, to inspect, and to climb on (though I didn't actually climb anything until Zaree had gone. [blot] I probably really shouldn't have, with none other there, but [spot] Well, I only climbed where she had! I knew, at least in those spots, it was not [spot] going to harm anything.) I took notes on another page, as it was easier than holding this book open while looking about. Though all of it was.. certainly worth the trip.

[a few more spots]

I have written much, but I still have wandering thoughts. I [blot] Zaree seemed to think that I will meet others, that I will be seen again. And. . . will I really? I.. [spot] I may like to. It is strange to admit, and I.. I don't know what may or may not come from it, but they seem... interesting enough, and from what I have heard, do any number of interesting things. Certainly, they are able to go places I cannot with such a ship. [blot] Perhaps if I.. could go with them sometime, I may be able to find what I am searching for, whatever it may be. I [blot] Though I do not know why they would care to bring one such as myself anywhere. Oddly, few of them I have met seem to have much ability in the ways of true magic. . . I wonder if.. -[streak, blot; it seems the writer just trailed off here without finishing the thought]

No comments:

Post a Comment