Thursday, April 17, 2014

12, Phoenix, 1327

Lafey is so exceptionally grand~  

[blot]  I, [spot]  No one has ever done such a thing for me before, ever, that I can recall, and it was [spot]  I forgot all I was bothered by then, for a time, and was just so incredibly pleased for the thought she'd placed in this.  For how she.. wished to do anything of the sort for me at all.  I wish I could have shared the feeling of excitement with her, because it was such an exquisite burst of warmth~ [the tilde spirals into something more elaborate]  

She had an intriguing orb of portals, and a riddle for me, our experiments came into play it was [spot] It was brilliant.  She is so very brilliant.  I love her dearly and only wish I could do something close for her as well.  I will need to think of something, make what I already have in mind grand, and do it quickly before something comes up and snatches her away.  As I've learned, to wait is a poor idea.  It is still so exciting to consider!  I [blot]  My thoughts are moving quicker than my hands in spirals of light and excitement to simply consider, let me slow to explain.

This was Lafey's surprise.  She had wanted our experiments to be completed mostly for this purpose.  I [blot]  I actually don't know if she will use what we created again now.  But I suppose if she wishes to, it will always be there.  She'd also managed to procure from somewhere, an orb of sorts.  It was.. it held a connection to the In-Between inside it.  A connection that would pull someone through it to... [blot, and a few little spots] a random location - [streak, spot]  I am getting that odd feeling again, the sort where..something is familiar, as I write.  It.. It happened then too, but it was- I was too excited to give it much thought, but now [blot]

[a few more spots]

I should continue the memory.  

The orb was wonderful (save for being a poor decision maker), and it would bring someone through a personal portal to an unexpected place.  This.. [spot]  is actually really dangerous, and thorns, if I weren't so full of warmth and dancing sunlight winds at the time, I certainly should have mentioned it.  I [spot]  I feel poorly that I did not.  But she said then that, upon one of us using it, whoever did would then speak a Secret riddle for the other to find them!  How grand is this?  Certainly one of the most grand ideas I have ever heard, and quite clever, I must say!  She said she had wished to find a way to combine all of the things she knew I liked most together, that she wished to speak a riddle for me, and [spot]  It was.. I felt so loved.  I don't think I'd ever felt like.. [blot] just that she wished me to have a moment where so much of what makes my life worth living would come together, and that she wanted to give them to me, but also share them with me.  That in itself meant so much, perhaps [spot] perhaps even more than what it was itself.  Just that memory...~  It is not something I ever wish to forget or lose sight of, because it is grand beyond words in so many ways.

I wish to find a way to do that for her as well, and have been thinking about it for a while~  I'll need to bring my ideas together soon.  Perhaps a puzzle of sorts.. involving as many of her favorite things that I can gather.  I do not know if I want it to lead her there.. perhaps when we are there.  Perhaps hints of the place itself-  I may need to research.  I should!  

Also, I would like to keep her riddle with me, though I am a bit off track.  First I should mention that we agreed she might be the one to use the orb.  The orb would collapse in on itself, or be sucked into the In-Between upon use, so it could only be used once.  She was the one who did, and [blot]  well, when she did, I.. immediately was reminded of how I really should've calmed down enough to speak of potential... problems.  

She ended up somewhere likely.. less favorable than would have been preferred.  In fact, I now feel rather.. I almost wish it had been me instead.  She had to stand out in the cold for a while, I did urge her to go... elsewhere, if where she ended up was..  dangerous or unwanted, but she remained.  I didn't know at the time she would be so cold, humans really shouldn't be left out so long in such weather.  The orb made a poor decision.  If [blot] things don't go as I wish, and I have eternity to spend in nowhere, maybe I will find that orb and give it a nasty look.

Lafey did give me a riddle though.  She claimed she was not good at them, but I think it was grand, especially being right on the leaf-tip of time, and still remember just how it went.  

With snow and ice I stand high, 
With sails and masts that touch the sky.
Easy to spot yet hard to reach, 
With frozen shores that lack sand or beach.
It took me some time to figure out; I had never been, that I can remember, to the place that Lafey was.  I thought it was in the frozen mountains, yet it took a lot of running to solve the riddle.  Along the way I saw geysers there, got attacked by Sons of Svanir, and various creatures, ran through a grawl camp, and almost froze my sap swimming through the waters.  It was.. exciting, but it took me quite a while.  I did find the place though, a Koda vessel of sorts, it was most magnificent and intriguing.  I.. bet Phooka would have liked it a great deal.  But it took me so long to find, and Lafey was out in the cold!  I wish there would have been somewhere warmer inside for her to stay, I felt so terrible for having taken so long, and we went back quickly.

When we returned, I showed Lafey how to start a fire, and I wrapped her up in blankets while making her some warm tea.  She likes this interesting sweet sort, I've never actually tried it before, but she let me have a little.  It's different, but soothing.  Certainly not nearly as sweet as my.. ridiculous experiment that one time with that cotten candy, but it was much more tolerable.  I also considered and wanted to try making her some sort of soup, but... we were both.. a little uncertain of that, so we just left it well enough alone and instead curled up by the fire.  [blot]

I.. I was so glad for her surprise, I hope she doesn't feel it turned out too poorly.  I really wish I had been quicker.  I said next time, if there is one, that there will be no cold places; if there is a cold place, then [spot] well, then whoever is there should just go somewhere else.  Or go inside.  That orb will be getting a nasty look, sometime, for sure.

I'll make sure there are no cold places when I sort out her surprise, and can only hope she likes it even half as much as I enjoyed what she thought of for me.



Post Archive