" The Second Book of Rubicon, transcribed by Vivika Stonepate,
bleed from Dagnar's veins. to avoid Disaster, we created it.
 "


Book
* Pages revealed by a solution Phooka calls 'Hydroectocarbonite'
- Made from 'ghost dust'.
- Sprayed on a page lightly
- Must be held up to candlelight or a flame, otherwise unseen
* I attempted to copy the script as it was, in case that mattered.

Theories Mentioned
* Related to dragons somehow.
- May be a connected script to the first Book of Rubicon; that name sounds familiar to me, but I can't quite place it...
* May be a fake.
* Transcriber Norn or Charr
* Could be Dwarven
* Editions possibly changed for political reasons
* Possibly unedited
* May lead to something dangerous, considering the text.
* Likely connected to the keyknife.
- May lead somewhere / to something
* Possibly better to be kept locked up.
* Someone who had it may have died, and left it by accident.
* Ways possibly acquired
- Stolen
- Found
- Bought
- Gifted
- Heirloom
- Member of the Priory

Current 'Plan'
* Keep the book here
- decide what to do with it once more is known about its contents
- make more solution to figure out it all (Phooka may teach me ways to help)
- I may.. make a copy so it can be kept in memory, when more pages are discerned.
- Research the names given in the book
* Owner of the Home
- Ren made a more detailed sketch of the man from the documents found
- likely making copies
- going to be cautious in asking around about who this person is, if known

--
[There is a small, folded scrap of parchment lower down resting in the page. The script on it is small and cramped, at though it was written in a hurry.]

The folded parchment: 
It’s not exactly a golden treasure, but I hope you like it all the same, you inspire my heart.

I belong to black and gold, and in my ignorance I didn’t know
It would carry me through, and in my arms I only want to
Hold the black and gold, I belong too. Breathe me, sing me
Want me, like I want you.

Will you look at me, will you speak to me? Day or night,
I’ll cradle you when you’re weak, let you go when you need
To run – to run, to the moon, to sun it doesn’t matter
Just return soon.

I’ll be there, waiting to hold the black and gold, I belong too.

--

80, Zephyr, 1327 

The box was from Phooka, he [blot] made it for me. A puzzle, a riddle, and a poem. They are all so grand, and even better knowing that they are from him. I will always keep them with me.

I spent a long time thinking about where I should place the poem Phooka wrote for me, though. It seemed important to think about, where I should place it, because that would be its home. For a while, I kept it in the puzzle box he had made, because it seemed [blot] well, it seemed it was made for the poem. Perhaps that was meant to be where it stayed, and I was always going to keep it anyway. The only way to get to it would be to know the riddle, and solve the puzzle, and I thought that was a lovely idea.

Though then I thought more, and decided instead to place it here. It might be lonely in a box, all alone, even if it is protected by puzzles and riddles. Here it can be with my memories, where I try to place everything important I would need to know in case I forgot. Phooka said he just wrote how he felt, so I think if he can place that on a page, then it should never be lonely. And I don't ever want to forget.

[blot]

I think I am finding more tranquility with myself now. At least from where I'd been. I.. The Chaos around it is waning more, and I think I can start to forgive myself enough to try and speak and learn better soon.

We were called last sun. Kaiya came as well as [blot] Lady Kenley Brynn, who is newly blooming to the order, along with a number of others. Phooka brought up the things from the basement. We talked about them. Most of what happened is mentioned in the notes I took somewhere, but Ren stayed behind to draw pictures of a man who might be important while many of us went to hunt ghosts for Phooka's mixture. We returned. Discerned the above from the book. Phooka, Lafey, and I spoke some before going outside. Lafey eventually left. I held Phooka and we spoke more, before I picked him up and carried him all the way back to his bed. [blot] He pulled me in too, and I stayed to rest with him.

I [spot] I just wanted to place the general memories, because my mind has been wandering all over, and it's not at all in order. So at least now I have the order.

I.. [blot] I got that feeling again. I do not know why this sticks out in my mind so much as it does, but perhaps because... an action was attached to it. Phooka asked someone to help him turn on a burner. Lafey and I reached at the same time, but she began her ritual of unbothering, so I went ahead since Phooka needed it turned on.

[blot] The strange thing is... I.. I do not even remember how I know what one of these is. How I know how to turn it on. How I knew what to reach for, how I knew that a higher or lower power might matter; it just. [blot] It just happened. I stared at it a long time. It gave me no more answers. But it felt -[streak spot] Like Abaddon. Like mention of 'war'. Only this.. it felt like I've done it before. I almost remember a light, a dark, warm light, like a glow in a hidden place... It just. It feels like something, and [blot]. I.. I don't know if I should press it further, or let it be.

I will let it be for now.

I will need to teach Phooka further about the Silence soon. As much as I have also wanted to do many other things, this is something that needs to happen in the next few suns. I will need to consider how far to go with him. I.. I think it was implied he wished to find complete Silence, away from the Dream. It may not come that immediately. But.. I will show him, nevertheless. I hope he takes well to it. I know, to many, it can be quite jarring, if they manage to get out of the currents, and instead of watching them, or laying with a hand in them, turn completely around and see all that's there beyond them and out of them. I am interested to see how he finds it.

[blot]

Lafey also apparently told Phooka that he was being kept a Secret from her family, and he thought that I might be too. I.. will have to ask her about this. Though he seemed oddly worried about it. Or.. well, maybe not worried, but like he had a strange feeling. [blot] I suppose not everyone feels the same about Secrets as I do. I consider them to be grand, irreplaceable, important things that are given and let known only to those who are most trusted with who the teller of Secrets is.I have wanted to be a Secret from many as much as I could for a long time. It is so grand to be able to choose what is known and what is not, to be able to discern one's self from another, to have something special only those you choose know. When seeking out knowledge, when trying to learn, it is the things you don't know that you reach for. There is something.. different about when knowledge is kept away, something more interesting, something that makes it treasured. Without Secrets, without the Unknown, there would be no growth. Nothing would bloom, nothing would change, the Chaos would no longer be free, and there would be no more seeking of knowledge, because it would all be held, or not there at all to be found. What would life even be then, without the Unknown? Without Secrets?

I think, if we are Secrets, we can be a part of that, a part of what makes life really important, and I think that is.. well, it is exciting!

I hope I can be a Secret too.

[blot]

I need to give Phooka his book. I need to go do some research of my own. I would like to help keep memory of what has been lost and what has happened. I would like to learn what Lafey can teach, what Phooka can teach, and many things myself. I would like to help Ren more. I need to do a lot of things. [blot] I will see to them soon, or sooner if they should arise.