Monday, April 14, 2014

16,Zephyr, 1327 

Ren brought me to place called Divinity's Reach this sun. The city was so exceptionally grand, I did not fully realize the humans' ability to coax metal and stone. There was much knowledge to be gained! Simply think, knowledge to be held takes up such a small volume in the pod of a mind, knowledge to be held in writing takes more space, but to consider all the words that could fill a place of this enormity; and how much more is known and kept in the minds of each human here!

I could hardly contain my excitement. In fact, I did not; there was so much to see! I touched and tasted a strange pink cloud of sweetness. I walked through water that was not wet, a guise over a portal between altitudes. I visited the visages of their gods, felt the rumble of their strange sound machines in my roots, and whirled in un-petals of tiny, frozen droplets. It was then that I was approached by two fascinating humans.

Lafeyette, known as Lafey, and Nenia were the names they chose. Lafey is a short, lovely human with bright green-leaf eyes, short golden hair, and mimics a pear's shape with a pluming dress. Nenia is a little taller, but still small, with eyes of a clear lake, swirly brown-bark hair, and seems content with the sound of wind over the sound of her voice. Lafey told me many things, starting with how she and some humans have "birthrights".
 
Birthrights: Something a human has upon being born, which determines how they are to be treated by other beings. "Usually, one of your ancestors does something and their legacy is passed down" - Lafey. One such birthright is 'no touching with tentacles between humans', perhaps simplifying to 'not being touched (with tentacles; perhaps more)'. Not all humans have the same birthrights, if they have them at all, I don't think. Though I could be wrong~

She also said she has spent much time devoted to knowledge, so I wish to find her later so that our knowledge can be shared. She did not stay long after, but before she went, she answered a final question of how to ascend a large, towering metal bird to its top. The spot looked quite fitting for my Silence, and I wished to take it there. She showed me the way up, Nenia following, and after Lafey left, Nenia stayed a little while longer to speak over the wind. She sat tranquil with me, despite her fear, and we each called the other a 'Brave Soul'. It was then that I took my Silence, and she wished me a nice stay in her city.


Now that I have awoken, I will explore further what excellence this place holds, perhaps if I am lucky, I will cross a suitable place for magic study and practice. I still wish to understand further the Chaos, and where it tries to take me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Archive