Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Several loose letters are slipped into the book here.

The scribe of a loose letter wrote:
Have you noticed the emblem in some of your books, the open book with a sword? Well, those who own it have noticed you. Perhaps we could speak more about the Knights of Arcanus and Academia. Can you meet with me in Metrica Province?

P. Coltsfoot. Knight Luminary.

The scribe of a different loose letter wrote:
Well, I'm certainly glad to see you've been making yourself at home, my friend, though it seems not long enough for me to catch up with you. Rather than attempt to navigate the corridors of Rata Sum in an attempt to find you, I'll leave you this note--or perhaps find you here when next I drop by. But the world is vast and neither of us stay put for long, hopefully we'll have a little luck.

~R
There is writing on the page of the book underneath as well.

22,Zephyr, 1327 

So much occurred this sun! I am almost too excited to write it all, though I will try to keep focused to write at least the wafts of knowledge here.

The seekers of knowledge sent for me! Somehow they had found me with an exquisitely interesting small bird of coaxed metal. It had a note, and I followed its words to where I hoped to find them. It turns out the note was a bit of a riddle, though I was able to solve it, and found the one with a sword who accompanied the bloom called Phooka. There were several of them there, immediately they asked me if I wished to help them raid an Inquest lab for Knowledge, golems, the lab itself, and destruction. I agreed, and we left shortly after.

I believe it was successful, I copied a number of notes from the lab, as well as took some crystals of power, and interesting other things we found within. A golem arm included; I am planning to give it to Ren as a gift, as he may be able to use it in various ways to armor the creatures who follow him. I was also accepted to remain with the seekers of knowledge, the Knights Arcanus and Academia, by those who were there. Some of them think of me as favorably strange and creepy, which are such interesting opinions, though an understandable sentiment; I am pleased I can be something of interest to them~

These are the seekers of knowledge that Lafey spoke of, and she joined us after the outing as well. We explored Rata Sum, which is notably grand and worth very much inspection, though at the time I simply followed the rest who knew how not to get lost. An intriguing asura called Fizz guided us to a place of rest, where we gathered for a time. I also spoke with the one who was thought better as a body (at first I didn't know it), and am still perplexed at how humans behave to each other. His name was Merrick. He was not what I expected; very little like Nightmare Courtiers, but I was glad to be wrong, and am instead simply curious as to his unusual treatment of other humans. I do not understand why they act to each other as they do if they are lonely, and know they do not understand one another without choosing to share their knowledge. Why would they grow upset at a misunderstanding if they do not make effort to be understood?


But my branches diverge. Everything was quite exciting, and despite the oddities, I was very pleased to meet them all. I hope I will learn more of and with them soon. However, it seems I have missed Ren, by this letter, so I will simply have to make sure that I stay rooted so I find him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Archive