((The next page is written in a flourishing New Krtyan dissimilar to the handwriting in the previous entries.))


Zephyr 52 1327

You told me to write for you about the day. I’ll see if I can compile something satisfactory but admittedly when I write I tend to focus more on how I feel than what happened.

Renswerth and Nenia tracked the blade that was used to hurt Kaiya. It was forged by a dead blacksmith. They wished to seek his son in Fort Salma.
As would be expected many of us were tentative about that. Especially when they proposed taking you along. Both argued that they’d be in a fort but what we were more worried about was getting to and from there. I don’t know, the whole thing just made me angry. Especially after what you and I had just been through.

At that point I believe I did something wrong because once I walked off and you followed me I was so upset that I didn’t want to speak. I was worried I’d misdirect my anger at you but I think that was something of a self fulfilling prophecy. I don’t know. There’s so much we haven’t been able to speak of privately after—[spot]Well, what happened. We haven’t had the time, everything has been moving too fast. I keep trying the words but I haven’t a clue what to say. I don’t wish to tear the wound open further.

As we sat overlooking the cliff you said you didn’t wish to lose more of me than you already had. I [spot] am very sorry you feel that way. I’m unsure if there’s even anything I can say in regards to that which you will believe. I don’t believe you have lost any part of me. I hope as time goes on I can prove this to you.

William decided that it was time to start training. Of course you and I weren’t in any shape to train which was a bit of a shame. I believe Sylrya has written about the fights for you.

Eventually you, Syrlya, Phooka, and I sat about and spoke of things like love and human birth. I believe the former topic was more pleasant than the latter. Human birth is frightening. Then again, love is also frightening. Anything that changes or impacts you in such a manner has the potential to be scary.

I hope one day you find yourself deserving of love. I certainly think you are. I find it absurd that someone so lovely could live a life without love. If not for being of a slowed human disposition I would do it. For now I suppose fondness is nice too, though. Fondness is a close friend of love though more quiet, certainly. Fondness knocks on your door. Love barges in after it.

After night fell you started to come back to perceiving our reality. It was awful. You seemed so very hurt. I tried to assist you and I believe I did but not in the way that I desired. Nenia took care of you for much of the night. I came and went. I still had the plague at that point and didn’t wish to fall asleep by accident and leave you with more issues.

I hope blooming to morning finds you less ill and this entry greets you well.