30,Zephyr, 1327 

[ink blot]

I ran far the other sun. The city was called Ebonhawke, and beyond it was the corruption of the Branded by the dragon, Kralkatorric. I actually seemed to spend several suns there; I found a magnificent spot among the shattered and swirling hills of crystal that seemed to open up into vastness like the Silence. It is an odd branch for the mind to follow. That something so corruptive and terrible could be so beautiful; it marks a different inevitability. One that is masked to those who do not experience it's forceful path for themselves. Perhaps part of that is why. I have found that Beauty is something that is never constant, never ever-present somehow. It comes where it was not there before. It is in its transience, its irregularity, its Chaos, that it is magnificent. While one seen often can be beautiful, it is, I think, in part because they were not always known, that they leave and may return, yet may not, that they remain that way. [spot] Perhaps, even I am beautiful then, to someone, somewhere.

I found gifts for them, but it was not what I was searching for. Still, I hope they liked them. I found I was thinking of them with me while I was running, so I wanted to give them a piece of what I had experienced. [blot] Is this how the Dream feels? Does it not understand the knowledge it gives, and instead, only wishes to give gifts so they might see part of what it sees - because it feels all the sylvari with it? What a strange thought.

Before that, I had returned from my run, and Lafey, Ren, Phooka, and myself all decided to go explore these exciting ruins which Lafey and Nenia had found. Lafey led the way, and it was very intriguing. They were deep in a cave, underground, and broken, but as Lafey said, like they were laying sideways. Perhaps they grew tired, or simply found reason to fall. Perhaps they were of those dwarves I have heard of. Now, though, they are filled with oozes and trolls. Their intracacies are something I cannot hold for myself in words, but Ren can grasp at a memory and place its image on a page. I hope to go back with him, and protect him while he takes the knowledge down himself. [ink blot]

I may tell him of what I endeavor to do when we return there, and see if he will help me. He will, of course, be able to share in the knowledge if he wishes to. I am pretty sure I have kept that Secret to myself so far, but perhaps it can be ours.

[ink blot]

My thoughts seem to be twirling with the Chaos, there are many I would like to write at once, but- [streeak spot] That Lafey would let me stay in her home, if she had one. That is most important. [spot] I get a feeling, like a sunlight warmth from within, when I think of such things. It is grand and frightening, but mostly grand. I think the only fright comes from.. the inevitabilities I had taken with this path, and being one as Chaos-touched as I. I never did think that I would be welcome in anyone's home.