69,Zephyr, 1327 

I write from inside a grand blanket fort and nest we have created within the Great Lodge~

Last sun was excellent by its end. In its beginning, Phooka called us out to help see to the cure of the plague. It seemed all of that went well; Phooka put together a strange machine creature that spun fog into the air. He named it Riotbane. The others saw to the sick. I heard that they were recovering, and saw it some with my second sight as well. I wonder if we will go to other places too, or if we will send them the cure to distribute themselves.

Afterwards, I followed Lafey as she followed her curiosity. She spoke on the winds to her gods amidst their small incarnations of stone. I hope the winds carry her words to them, wherever they may reside. We wandered some afterwards, looking for spirits in the ruins. I.. ah, I still hope that perhaps I can go with her to the Mists someday. Even moreso now that she spoke of how grand her gandfather is! Apparently he is the most grand of them all, like the sight standing from the tallest mountain; high above the ground, powerful, able to take you away with force if wished, and yet giving the overwhelming feeling of excitement, filled with laughter, she said. I would really enjoy meeting someone like that! She said that she thought he would like me too, though.. I am not entirely sure why. Even still, that is good, as I don't think I'd like someone like that to dislike me.

We went back to her home then, though she.. she seemed a little more like the spirits that passed through us then. She was wilted that Will had left, unsure that he would return. I held her and we spoke until we heard something downstairs. Luckily it was only Phooka, though.. considering everything, I had almost thought it may not be. We - [blot] Well, things became somewhat confusing then. Will is apparently alright, and looking for Renswerth. They both, I think, are coming back. Or at least Ren is. I.. I didn't even know he was gone. Will said they had a lead about something. ... [blot] I don't know a lot about all of that. It sounded as though they were working together, I hope that is what it is. And.. I hope Ren is well. But I feel like, whether or not he returns, he needed a good run. I [spot] I may not see him for a long while, but I feel I will definitely see him again. And if not, I know his whole name, so I will be able to find him. Even if he is lost in the dark, I will find a way to parse through it to him.

[blot]

We decided, Phooka, Lafey and I, to go do something for ourselves then. We all wished to get out, to run; not to leave, we would return if needed, but we.. staying in one place and waiting is such a waste. There is so much left to be seen, and if we can do nothing else, why not find that knowledge? Lafey wished to be somewhere cold, and Phooka wished to see the Kodan, so to the mountains is where we went~

Lafey stayed behind a little while to prepare, and Phooka and I went ahead. We ran from Hoelbrak through the snowy lands at his lead. Though he told me later not to dance on fences, he was the one who started it! I am going to remember that next time he tries to tell me. He darted atop one as we ran, we bounded past the Svanir barriers, he tested his brilliant explosions, and lucky for me, it was easy not to be there and to reflect them away. It was an extra little challenge to avoid them, but I found it fun nonetheless~ We ran for a while and stopped a little bit on a peak overlooking what Phooka said was 'the Maw'. The name is familiar, and I remember having been a part of several fights around large expanses of ice, and somewhere called the Maw; I just couldn't remember which one it was.

I was surprised when Phooka said that he'd hardly been away from Caledon until the Knights. I knew he'd thought he'd never leave.. but I thought, well, that he had before then. He said he was not used to much fighting himself, and I was tempted to say that I could try to help him sometime if he wished it, but.. I realized how we fight would likely be entirely different. Bending the space-time around me comes without a second thought in a fight; I simply am not there when I am attacked. Fighting for me.. is incredibly chaotic. I hardly know where I am going to end up in the next moment, instead I trust the Chaos; I feel its rhythms, and I follow them. It guides me as I guide it. I place everything where the Chaos wants it, my second selves fall in place, and- well, I do it with little question myself. I don't know if Phooka can hear the Chaos the same way yet. Perhaps it wouldn't guide him, and if it doesn't.. well, it would be rather hard for me to teach him how to fight then. So I just kept that thought to myself for now.

It wasn't long before we were off again anyway~ We found a little outpost where Phooka asked for directions, and I looked all over. Lafey met us then, and she had changed her colors to match the ice and the frigid winds. We spoke a little about strange warming elixers before Phooka decided to push me off the fence I was standing on. I was surprised, and fell with the Chaos off the small cliff-side. Luckily the Chaos was kind, and didn't place me within a tree, or partially in the ground. I hope he will not push me off a cliffside that is too far; the Chaos may not be able to be kind to me then. He told me not to dance on fences, then, though he was up there now too. I.. was quite tempted to push him also, but. Well, I didn't want him to fall. Instead I grabbed him and took him off the fence, though he flopped over on me and I nearly fell again. One of these times, I am going to get him back for all of this, he'll see.

We headed North to the place where the Kodan village was supposed to be, and I didn't even have to freeze to death in cold water to get there~ The village was very interesting, the Kodan build by bending wood, stone, metal and ice. Everything is intricate, but balanced. It seems they highly value Balance, and I think that is a very wise thing to value.

We explored for a time, before Phooka ran off a ways and Lafey and I spoke of the sun. I.. at first I was only speaking of the sun itself, but I think Lafey was finding herself connecting to its radiance like her own. I could not object; the warmth she gives me makes me forget the sun is not what is giving me its light when she speaks to me, when she holds my hand, when she beams in excitement, or just gives me a small smile. Though I didn't mention the comparison directly. Phooka had said that he loves Lafey like a plant loves the sun, something that it can never touch, but is there.. but I don't think the sun is like that. It might be, if you want to look at it that way. But I think the sun touches everyone in its light. The sun gives so much to all it can reach, it brings about life in a way that would never be the same without it. It looks like it might be far away, but it really isn't that far away at all. It's really right there all along. I.. I told her this, and afterwards she thanked me. I.. I am not sure if that is why she did, but I am glad that I.. gave her something that she was pleased for. I hope she will continue to be that bright if she wishes it, and I hope she doesn't feel far away. She has left something with me where I would never be the same were it not placed, and I hope she feels that she is and can be very much with us when she wishes to be. I feel it is already so.

It wasn't long before we decided to head to Hoelbrak then, to find a place with blankets to curl up in. Lafey spoke some to Phooka about not wanting to be far away. I don't know if he entirely understood, but I think he did enough. We both looked for a place to stay, though -[blot] Phooka did that thing he does again. He kissed us both and ran. I swear to the Chaos and the winds that one of these days, he will not be able to get away. Or that I will do the same to him, and he will have to be stuck with it. I eventually did catch up with him, wrapped him in a blanket, and threw him. It only seemed fair. But we had found a bed then, and had made a blanket fort for us, where we stayed the night. It was so grand~ I am very reluctant to leave this nest with them at my side. I don't think I will ever forget this memory, the feelings of warmth they have brought me even in all the cold, I feel it is strong enough to bring me warmth for any further cold that may be brought on here after.