48,Zephyr, 1327 

Phooka did very well last sun. I am so incredibly pleased that he is taking to the small meditations and his own small Quiet so well. He seems to favor it, and I saw after the first little tranquility, he appeared notably brighter. He didn't need help to walk back, and seemed to have gained in energy and hope what the light and darkness have been taking from him. When he said that.. he felt more like, and closer to, himself than he had for a while, I.. I was so excited for him. I still am. I think he will recover, and find more than he was expecting soon.

I've been staying with him while he rests, in case he feels he needs me. I know that, at times, the Quiet can feel very lonely to Dreamers. Though many of them do not have others to place in the Quiet who are not a part of the light or the darkness, and that may be what makes it more difficult. I do not want him to feel alone. He has all of us, but I will be with him as much as he wishes to give a Soundless comfort if sought.

I'd only gone over the first steps of the Quiet, and the ones pertaining to his dreams, since he wished those to be calm first. This won't separate him from the Dream and the Nightmare itself; it will only keep them at bay whenever he chooses to find his Quiet. Though, when he finds he can place it strongly at will, and keep everything his closed eyes throw at him away in waking, he too will be able to maintain it through the entirety of his sleep. Many make vast landscapes from their Quiet dreams, some just drift in calm, others do something entirely different; the grandness of it is in choice. But for now, he just needs to work on calm rest, and keeping his Quiet about him.

Depending on what he would like after that, we can then proceed, but most of what we do next, and when it happens, is up to him.

[blot]

It is.. nice that I can do this for him. That I can possibly help him find himself again is.. is probably one of the most important things I can ever do for anyone, and I cannot explain this warmth in words as to how much that means. I am so pleased that I can do such a thing for him. He is such a bright, glowing bloom, so I only hope he will continue improving.

Lafey was very bright as well. She was pleased at the outcome and stayed for a little while. We both haven't forgotten, it seems~ Earlier we created a blanket fort! I did not know one could do such a thing with blankets, but it made perfect sense when I saw it grow, and added more to it afterwards. It is a nice little place for us.Her shade made little noises when I touched it. I hope it wasn't too uncomfortable.

I also spoke with her about her inevitability. We didn't have much time to speak about it, but apparently her being sick causes her to live less long than most humans. Though she said she would gain more years if she sat about and did little, we both thought that sounded rather terrible. I am glad that she is here. I asked her if she.. would have chose something different, if it was not an inevitability. I know some care for their inevitabilities, while others do not and wish to change them, so I was curious.

She said she wasn't sure. And I think I understood. I told her that she helped change some of mine, as she has, and that when that happened.. even still, really, it was somewhat scary. But really, I am glad it happened; I never would've thought it could have been changed, and now, I have the hope to change more. I got called for about then, so I do not really know what she was thinking about this, but I will try to ask her again. If she wants something other than her inevitability, I want to try and show her a way too. But if not, that is ok; we will simply continue to live beyond what is boring.