Amulet

* Affected Androsace somehow
- she heard a voice of her 'brother', who was apparently Soundless as one point
- she also likely cares for him, perhaps missed him
- unsure if he is alive
- said it hurt
- Ren and Nenia helped her block the voice out
- Mentioned the voice wanted nothing to do with the amulet and was unconcerned for it
- She held out the amulet to Lafey, then snatched it back before giving it to her; Lafey said it was strange
* There was something the other night as well.
- Nenia and Diela know
- Apparently she woke and went back to bed at night
- Unsure what this means
* Androsace returned
- she said she was alright, or better.
- seemed determined to recover
- believes we will figure this out

* Lafey took the amulet from Androsace
* Then it was given to Phooka to place in a small box
- platinum, aluminum alloy

* Phooka mentioned that Riot did not have the amulet before our encounter with her
- or at least, he did not know if she did; he didn't remember it, and she wasn't wearing it visibly.
* He also mentions that it triggering the machine or being triggered by it would be possible
- However, I heard it is also dismantled; if this is the case, the trigger would likely be 'riding on' a property of the amulet which may give us insight.

*Additional research
- Lafey said she found no traces of necromantic energy around it.

Additional Theories Mentioned
* Lafey mentioned she thought it may be like her Marks, and possibly that something triggers the amulet to react. Considering that none of us have gotten any magical connection from it thus far, that is certainly plausible.
- She thinks that it may have been turned on and off within mere moments.
- However, I was also thinking of other things along the lines of when she mentioned marks, such as their radius, and how they are placed. They 'mark' a certain place on the ground, and wait for another to step into them. Perhaps the way she meant it was the amulet 'marks' a certain person who touches it, and then waits for something to come up it can latch onto to.. manipulate them. I am not entirely sure, but this is all just speculation.

* Lafey also thought is may be old magic. I know that magic has changed quite a bit from long before. She thought it may be something that was ancient enough to be prior to our current knowledge, and thus, not easy for any of us to discern.
- This could still follow if it had a connection to the machine. I think it's quite possible for the amulet to be some sort of foci, of sorts, that might potentially be connected to something else. The machine may have been attached to that connection, but it would mean there is something else it is also attached to beyond it. Determining if the machine was involved may give insight on the connection and how the thing itself functions.

* It may potentially amplify desires at a price. Though what triggers this is unknown. This is a leap, but considering Riot had a goal and was fairly prideful and confident, she may have only wished to have it amplify herself and the machine. Androsace may have wanted to hear from her brother, though Ren said that it hurt her, so I am uncertain if that is or is not the case. [blot]
- Androsace said she ... wanted to protect. I wonder if.. it amplifies Wyld Hunts somehow, perhaps even goals in general, I am not sure, but thus far it has only affected sylvari. This would be odd, though, if it was old magic. It may, however, help with senses of purpose, bring them to the forefront and make them more attainable.
- Lafey mentioned a trigger possibly being the fight. We noted that Riot was very prideful, and perhaps Androsace's pride also had an effect on the amulet. Or simply being 'emotionally charged'. This is a large stretch, and somewhat difficult to test, however, it should still be noted as mentioned.
- Lafey mentioned that is also may only activate in combat.
- Ren mentioned wearing it may be the trigger. I hope we do not have to wear it.

Next Steps
* Phooka is going to look over the machine's remains, his old schematics, and the amulet to try and discern if there is any connection.
- If so, we may find insight on a property of the amulet.
- If not, I imagine we will begin working with another theory.

---

84, Zephyr, 1327 

I don't want to be so far away. And all of this.. needs to be seen to.

I worry for Androsace. I worry that nothing was done. I worry for Lafey and Phooka in different ways. I [blot] I do not think that I am incompetent, but I am sure I have let Ren down again.

It is all I ever seem to do now. I never should have said I would be there for him when I [spot] What really have I done since I said that? I.. I want to apologize. But I don't know if he will speak to me. Would he.. be better without me .. being his friend? Can I [spot] can I even.. call myself his friend, with all the.. nothing I have done? I want to be, but.. I.. I don't know if I.. am worth that much anymore. I just[blot] I regret that. I regret my foolishness. I regret being behind, and being so unaware that.. that I can't even tell anymore. It.. It really doesn't matter [blot] Well, no.

It does matter. I miss him. But more than I miss him I would like him to find what he is looking for. Perhaps he has found a new friend in Androsace where I.. am no longer wanted. I.. I hope so. I just hope someone is there for him that isn't so disappointing.

[blot]

Lafey seems very tired, worried, and stressed. I wish to speak with her, just to talk, and hopefully not add to that stress. I think she may be like me in some ways, where when something is on her mind, only results will make it better. Other things are grand too, but please do not let them distract too far, at least to the point of detriment. It is so easy to be distracted when so much is in the world. I wish to see this through, and I want to help her with whatever I can. She.. she does not need to do this alone.

Phooka mentioned trying to take his Silence soon, but I would like to finish with the amulet first. I know it can be jarring, in many ways, if he achieves it. I expect I may need to stay with him a long while, but- [blot] I don't want the amulet to wait any longer.

I am still.. [a hard spot, like the pen was pushed into the paper] It is still so upsetting. They wished to see it further, to study it where I found nothing, and they didn't. Why didn't they? I- Lafey has done well, calling it to our attention, where we are all gathering information about it, but.. Why did no one call anything before? It always seemed that things were [blot] I guess, perhaps, no one was thinking of it. I [spot] I guess that is not how it works.

It is strange relying on others, but perhaps I should think more as I once did, and if.. I would like to see something done, then I will call for it myself. Or at least say so to one who will. I am done waiting.

I hope this will be done as quickly as possible, and if a detrimental distraction comes, I will do all I can to push it away.

I.. was also, apparently given the title of Archivist. I will be recording memories for the Knights and their endeavors. I think I can at least do this well. I would like to ask for things, for their inputs and memories, though I think I will really begin with others after the turmolt around the amulet is quelled.

On a near branch, I've my own notes and memories to begin the records, so that is well enough.

[blot]

Everything is so strange right now. I.. I wish I.. knew where I was.