42,Zephyr, 1327 

[there is a large blot of ink here]

I must.. really stop resting the pen on this paper when I do not know what words to record. [spot] It seems it's not working to tell myself that.

I do not think we will slip. I do not think she will slip, and if she does, I think we will catch her. I will do all I can to catch her. I said I would.

There are so many possibilities as to what has happened, what can be done, what will occur. But we have just as much potential, all the potential, to make it to the other side.. with everyone. If Phooka thought he could do something alone, it is quite likely with our combined knowledge, that we can do it together, I would think.

The detriment to being overcome with doubt is staggering. You either stand still, run the other way, find the wind and get taken by it, or succumb to sorrow, but no matter what, what you wish to have happen will not be done. To count on another doing it before stepping to take action one's self is a possibility on a slim-leaf chance. It can happen. Or it can not.

But she was right. To speculate further is running in circles, a vine coiling around the same stem. Possibilities only give directions, not information.

[spot]

I do not know all the rules. Perhaps I know very little. But there is a time to act and a time to question, and they are not always the same.

[blot]

Lafey is scared... and I wish I knew what I could do besides be here if she would like me here. I wished to embrace her, but she still has the plague she carries; I have not forgotten, she said I may hug her when she no longer carries it, but I don't want to cause her more fear by trying to before then. [spot] I feel the Chaos rise as I consider action; it wants to seek the ones who did this out, to take them into a Rift and let them be torn apart and warped by the In-Between. It is not always the wisest thing to listen to the Chaos. It would only make things worse, here; she would not be any less scared. I .. [ink spot] I think we are all scared. We don't know what will happen, but I can't- [streak, blot] I can't let it grasp at me yet. We don't know enough, and I... I will only fall further to be taken by the Chaos. It.. grows overwhelming at times. How would I catch her, if she needed it, then?

I know that Ren was scared too, but I don't.. think it was the same. He does not like the ghosts. I do not know why, but it affects him greatly and.. I wanted to be at his side too. Perhaps just in silence, as I don't think it is something he would wish to speak of, but silence can be enough sometimes. [blot]

I worry for them all. I worry for Phooka. I worry for what is happening and what has happened.

[ink blot]

I forgot to test Qwen's bag. I don't know how much running I'll be able to do now.

[spot]

I should also clean up these notes. Kaiya seemed... very worried. Her and Phooka are close, it is strange that she left, but I think she would like to know what we found. Perhaps the Chaos is speaking to her too. I should send them to her when I can.