35,Zephyr, 1327 

I am greatly enjoying this place. The ruins are incredibly fascinating, I quite like them. It appears that they once were part of a grand, massive structure. I've not asked about them much, but there are not many to ask present; not until one ventures quite a ways off anyway. I find I actually prefer this. It is very solitary, but despite the oozes and the drakes about, it seems to me quite peaceful and tranquil. It is calming to take my Silence among such old stones and secrets.

I ventured through some caves and around the lands outside the tranquility of the ruins as well. For a while, the land seemed quite sparse and open. There were some Hylek though, and I eventually came across caves guarded by Nightmare Courtiers. They did not approach me, and I did not approach them, as I would prefer they simply leave me well enough alone. I will admit, though, I am curious about what lies within the various caves they guard. They seemed to have claimed at least three.. I wonder if they all connect at their roots and are simply different entrances, though they were somewhat spread, and facing inward in different directions.

Further inland, away from the mountain passes was a fog addled swamp, and a small village of sylvari. I stopped by there briefly to rest a little, but it seems they had problems with the undead. There were others who managed to defeat them though, but apparently they did not spread out far enough; I came later to another.. what looked like a village that had been overrun. There was one sylvari left standing, and I fought beside him with all my selves, but he fell, and there were too many Risen for me to hold. I did shatter many of them though in my retreat, but I could not do more than that. Waiting, I watched them from a distance grow in number, but in their shuffling, their numbers thinned in one spot, and once I had gained enough second wind, I charged back in to clear the area around the one I'd fought beside.

A second self carried him back with me to the village that had triumphed, while I held off the Risen who gave chase. I.. [blot] I did not focus on whether or not the bloom had passed, and only hoped any mendors at the village may be able to save him. I do not think I could tell if he had anyway. Regardless, they hurriedly took him in. I stayed for but a moment longer before heading away again. Perhaps in some time I will return to see if he has made any recovering growth.

Beyond there I found several places that may do well as experiment locations. One is a small cave, and the other is some sparse stones with no other life residing on them. They give a wide, open space. I will likely make mention to Lafey, and see if I cannot show her the places to get her thoughts on them. There were also more ruins, with the ghosts of pirates inside! However, I did not stay long; they shot a canon at me which barely missed, and getting up there by its own branch had made me weary from fighting so many Risen. I retreated away back to my tranquil ruins.

So I am here again now. I explored them somewhat further, they are such grand things, it is hard to picture what they once were, as they are so big. I may look in closer detail soon to see if there is any way to uncover their secrets.