[there is a folded note in these pages]

[The envelope was sealed with blue wax, inside is a letter with tiny slanted script]

Xsaevlaern,

I apologize for leaving earlier. It is all very interesting, it really is, I simply need time to process it I suppose? Your shield is ready whenever you have a chance. You are free to stop by my home whenever you wish to retrieve it. If I am not there, mother knows you are coming for it. I apologize in advance if she is excitable to see you. [blot] I will do my best to spare you that, and be there for you when you come.

I would like to see what you wish to do with it anyway. Seeing your magic at work is easier for me to understand.

Until we meet again, do take care.

-Nenia Reynolt

41,Zephyr, 1327 

[ink blot]

I am still quite glad I was able to stay here. I would almost rather not put down what bothered me, as I seem to both bother and become bothered quite a bit lately. I imagine that is what Lafey meant before. I never really stayed in one place long enough to know more than just Ren well. ... Though.. Well, that is not entirely true. I did have help back then, but I have not been back there in a long while, and.. I am not sure I wish to return.

There were experiments. There was a meeting before and during them. There was a lot of talk. The Seekers of Knowledge gained two new members. I.. [spot] I believe I already forgot his name. Tal..something. I remember that his foliage is the color of cherry blossoms, and that he speaks more questions even than I. He seems to have been through a lot, though he is still bright and curious. He is poor at keeping Secrets, but because he is a Dreamer, he would not be able to anyway. He seems quite close with Syrlya. [spot]

They both asked questions I would rather not answer. Especially to those who cannot keep Secrets. I do not know what Syrlya had in mind when he said what he did, but I am sure it was something beyond simple curiosity. ... Actually, I am not sure. But it seemed that way. 'That I must focus on recollection' is a very vague statement; for him to jump to that question so soon... it makes me figure he has already had it on his mind for one reason or another. Surely he did not hear anything I was thinking.

[blot]

Lafey helped put me at ease by bringing me to her home for the evening. I imagine she thinks it was a small gesture, but I do not think I could have hoped for a better outcome from where I was. I.. I vaguely told her about how I've forgotten many things. And I told her I.. did not want it to happen again. At least, not without my choosing. I didn't want to forget her, and Ren, and everything. I didn't want to start from nowhere. I do not know why this has been bothering me so much lately, I know that the outcomes are not necessarily fixed. This may not even really be happening. But I do worry. Every time I can't recall something, and figure out why, I worry. Because what if I had known it before? What if it was not something I lost when I lost so much, but it was something I lost just the other sun? Is there any way to tell, if it is not among the words I have put here? [spot]

She said she would help me though. That we will find a way. It meant so much to hear her say that, even if she didn't know how, or may never figure it out. She wanted there to be a way. She ah.. she took my arm and let me guide her to her home when we went. Though really, she was the one who knew where we were going, as I think I've somewhat forgotten that too. Despite her saying that any sort of touching makes her uncomfortable, she still took my arm because she thought that would mean more to me. And she took my hand as well. [blot]

Remember how radiant she is, though it would be easy to see even if forgotten. She gives the warmth of a small sun on a breezy, tranquil day, she chooses her colors among flowers, the night sky with its stars, and gold to dance with, and I have never seen her unkind. Remember her, and if you forget, imagine these things and then you will know a little bit better. 

[ink spot]

I do hope it was alright to touch these cushions. I am afraid I rather... vined around them during my rest. My tendrils do not seem to wish to relinquish them either. I hope they are not like tables, or I may get in trouble again. I will need to remember to ask about running with her to the ruins. I keep wishing to, but it never seems to work. I think I will do so regardless of other conversation, which may.. be somewhat off-putting, but I fear if it is not spoken, it will never be done as many human affairs seem to go. Then I will also have to remember to speak with Nenia about the shield; she seemed interested in its outcome, and it would be nice to visit her and her mother again.